• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with Multiboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want a multiboard like this one
---------------------------------
Players_______________Kills

Team 1
-------
Red____________________0
Blue____________________0
Teal____________________0

Team 2
-------
Purple__________________0
Yellow___________________0
Orange___________________0

Team 3
-------
Green____________________0
Pink______________________0
Gray____________________0

Team 4
-------
Light Blue________________0
Dark Green_______________0
Brown___________________0
---------------------------------
(I used the "_" becouse i could use "space")
Is this possible?? If yes. PLZ help me out!

Level 5
Well.
I think what your talking about is just what i want to do. What i want is to have a "Kill Meter" where there is a little box on the upper right hand corner of the sreen that shows how many kills each player has. I think you have to use a leaderboard for this because i saw some other site that said if you want that here is how and it was a link to a bunch of html. If you find out or know how to do this please email me at [email protected].

PEONMASTER

Level 8
A multiboard, which you would probably need over a leaderboard because of the "team" subtitles, is basically just a data table with information in the cells.

Using the multiboard triggers, you create a multiboard with the appropriate number of rows and columns, and then insert data into the right cells.

You'll want to keep the data stored in a variable, since you can't get integers back out of a multiboard cell once you've put them in.

Level 5
I have no idea what you are talking about. How do I use variables and what exactly are they? Could someone PLEASE help me? I really want this to work on my map.

Thanks,
PEONMASTER

Level 5
Well you'll never make a leaderboard without variables.

Quick explanation: variables are "variable datas". You can use many type of variables to store data like: units, numbers, texts, leaderboards, dialog buttons and so on.

To Lonely Wolf:
You can crate a leaderboard or a multiboard ONLY the following way: make a variable (For exaple: KillLBoard or TeamKills or any name). Set it's type ro multi/leaderboard. Don't bother with the initial value.
Then comes the trigger:
In case of leaderboard u have to add all players u want into it, and THEN make it visible.
In case of multiboards you have to define the number of rows/columns, and fill them with data.
THEN make it visible.

Don't forget to update the Kill Leaderboard/Multiboard every time a unit dies:

Events: a unit dies
Cond: -
Actions:
Set the leader/multiboard datas to match the current situation (Use variables - for example: Kills: integer array(12))

Level 5
Well I still can't figure out how to use the variable for my leaderboard to add 1 to it each time I kill someone. The way I had it was like this:

Event: Time - Elapsed Game Time - 2 Seconds

Action: Create Leaderboard For All Players

Then the other looked like this:

Event: Time - Elapsed Game Time - 1 Second

Action: Add Players To Leaderboard (the one I had made with a variable called "kills") (I added all the players I wanted in it)

Then I had one like this:

Event: A Unit Dies

Action:

Then I tried to figure out how to make a variable to add 1 each time I killed someone but I could not figure out what type of variable I needed. Other than that did I do it right? I hope someone can help me

PEONMASTER :roll: :(

Level 8
You'll probably want an integer array variable, indexed by player number. So, if the variable is named "kills",

kills[1] would hold the number of unit kills for player 1
kills[2] would hold the number of unit kills for player 2
etc.

Then, you'll want a trigger that fires when a unit dies, and adds 1 to the integer at the index of the owner of the killing unit.
Following that, you simply insert that information in the appropriate cell of your board.

Level 5
Well I got most of it done but I can't figure out exactly how. This is what I have:

Events: Elapsed Game Time - 2 Seconds

Actions: Create Leaderboard For All Players Titled Kills

And I have this:

Events: Elapsed Game Time - 3 Seconds

Actions: Add Player 1 Red To Last Created Leaderboard With Label Player 1. Add Player 2 Blue To Last Created Leaderboard With Label Player 2.

Then I had this:

Events: A Unit Dies

Actions: What should I do here???

I tested it and it all worked fine exept I don't know how to add the things to it when I kill a unit because there is no event that triggers when a player kills a unit.

Please help!

Oh, by the way you can get my map Goblins Vrs Dwarves and try testing it if you email me at [email protected]

PEONMASTER

Status
Not open for further replies.