• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with MoveSpeedX...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello all. This is about the trigger system and the passive ability that has 6 levels with different speed each level of 6 levels. I need help with adding a new feature to Bribe's MoveSpeedX trigger system. I was turning it into a speed passive ability for the hero. This trigger "Speed Ability" is connecting to all other trigger systems with Bribe's MoveSpeedX system program.

upload_2020-10-30_22-35-47.png

Now the problem is... when the hero dies, the speed ability is gone for until the hero learned the skill again.....

How do you get to save the speed to this trigger system? :(

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
When the hero revives check it's current level of Speed and add the bonus back based on this level:

A unit finishes reviving
Wait 0.00 seconds
Set Variable tempInteger = Level of Speed for triggering unit
Set Variable tempReal = (Real(tempInteger) * 2.00)
Run UnitAddMoveSpeedBonus

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
your trigger in the picture is exactly what I meant, but you're referencing tempUnit which isn't set. Set tempUnit = Triggering unit before you call the Custom script.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
I edited my comment, see how in the Custom script you're referencing tempUnit, you need to Set that variable or it won't know what tempUnit is. Just make sure to Set it AFTER the Wait.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
Edit: Oh wait, nvm, I'm high, I was thinking of something else.

Why'd you change the trigger?

The trigger in your first picture was perfect, all you needed to do was Set tempUnit = Triggering unit.

Also, you can get rid of the Wait, I was thinking of something else at the time, been a long day of editing shit.

Level 8
@Uncle Lmao! I sent you private message. Check it out. It's other way, but new problem though. Wait. Did you say the first trigger system was perfect? Hmmm. What the problem? The triggering unit?

EDIT: Hey, man. I got error...

upload_2020-10-31_1-25-42.png

upload_2020-10-31_1-25-56.png

EDIT1: Ah. I found it. There's 2 letters incorrect. I fixed it. Error disappeared. Now testing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.