• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Speed Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Alright, i have an ability based off of unholy aura that lowers speed (im using negitives) instead of increasing speed, and a hero ability that increases the movespeed by 10. Now, so that i can have my hero abilitys stack with a boots of speed based item, i do these with tiriggers:

Code:
Ship Sails
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Ship Sails (Endurance)
    Actions
        Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Default movement speed of (Triggering unit)) + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Ship Sails (Endurance) for (Triggering unit))))))

The only problem with this is, when i have the boots of speed based item and the ability with the neg percent speed increase, and i select this spell when i level up instead of increasing my movespeed, it decreases it. :( any help?

Level 19
Heh what the ...
So if I understand, this spell increases the speed of ur hero and slows the speed of nearly enemy units?

Your spell shall need negative numbers
-> -0.10
-> -0.15
-> -0.... and so on.
The unit that has ur ability Ship Sails should need the ability of an item called Item Move Speed Bonus.
Change Item Move Speed Bonus in what u prefer. Create it for unit, or just let it be an item.
Add the same levels amount like ur spell Ship Sails but add ONE more(level).
Set the first status of the Item Move Speed Bonus ability to 0, so this doesn't affect the unit.
Add Item Move Speed Bonus to your unit.
Now, the trigger:
Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Ship Sails (Endurance)
        (Unit-type of (Learning Hero)) Equal to [b]Your Unit[/b]
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Ship Sails (Endurance) for (Learning Hero)) Greater than or equal to 5 (change it to your number) // This is for saving memory after.
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Item Move Speed Bonus  for (Learning Hero) to (Level of Ship Sails (Endurance) for (Learning Hero))
               Custom script:   call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
            Else - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Item Move Speed Bonus  for (Learning Hero) to (Level of Ship Sails (Endurance) for (Learning Hero))

Gl with it.

Level 5
ummm yea.....but the big problem with this is then it dosent stack with the sails wich are based off of the item move speed bonus.

And this glitch only happens when i have the captian spell and the sail in my inventory, after wich i level the ships sails ability

also the captian ability lowers MY sailspeed, not allyed sailspeeds :p

Level 5
i know i can use endurance aura ect, but i want it to increase a SET amount, and not a percentage :/

also what do you mean by "the trigger adds the rest"
the rest of what? and if you mean speed wouldent that mean that the speed is increasing? O_O

Level 19
Alelujah!
I really don't know which other solutions I have to offer you.
Use the Engineering Upgrade then ? It also grants a movement bonus.

Trigger adds the rest: well I mean with that if you learned the spell that decreases the movement speed of nearby enemy units, the trigger will add the movement speed bonus.

Level 5
Trigger adds the rest: well I mean with that if you learned the spell that decreases the movement speed of nearby enemy units, the trigger will add the movement speed bonus.

lol thats what i would think too O_O apperently not, though it only works with the one unit that has the decreasing abilitys, it works with all others

hows this sound: sence it seems to work properly without the sail why dont i have it remove the sail, add the ammount, then put the sail back. would that work well? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.