• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with map plz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, i am making a simple castle defense and i want the gate to be a unit that can be upgraded (increase hp and armor) but can still be opened / closed by triggers.

Now how could i make a trigger do this for me or is it possible to make the destructible version be upgrades?

TY for your time :)

Level 22
Sorry, destructables with upgrades is impossible. The only ways is if you make a unit and change the model file to the gate, but then it wouldnt work like a gate (i.e. opening and closing and letting units through).

If you really want to get creative, you might be able to "replace" the destructable with another using certain triggers, such as removing the old gate and placing a new one in it's place if after you've researched a certain upgrade. That would be the best way I could think of.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.