• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help with hero tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, I want a hero selection system in which you can manual select, random, all random, and repick a hero, with no duplicates of a hero. I looked at SD_Ryoko's hero tavern guide, but I don't think he takes out the hero out of the array if you manual pick, only random.(therefore, if you manual pick, there is still a chance of someone doing -random and get a hero already on the map)

Does anyone know how to fix his guide? (or is the guide working?)
I don't want there to be 2 of the same hero in play because many of the abilities aren't MUI.

I don't understand JASS at all.

Link to his guide: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/herotavern.php

Level 21
Ok, I want a hero selection system in which you can manual select, random, all random, and repick a hero, with no duplicates of a hero. I looked at SD_Ryoko's hero tavern guide, but I don't think he takes out the hero out of the array if you manual pick, only random.(therefore, if you manual pick, there is still a chance of someone doing -random and get a hero already on the map)

Does anyone know how to fix his guide? (or is the guide working?)
I don't want there to be 2 of the same hero in play because many of the abilities aren't MUI.

I don't understand JASS at all.

Link to his guide: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/herotavern.php

Whenever the "randomise" trigger runs, you pick every hero on the map and check if the randomly chosen hero is already picked. If this is true, randomise again until it's false.

Status
Not open for further replies.