• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with evolving in art.

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey all hivers!

I got a major problem, next year I'm most likely going to study at a school for game art and programing. The thing is that I ain't that good at drawing 3d but 2d.
This is pretty much all that I can do in comic, friends think I'm awesome but I see myself as not that good:

Bild 17.jpg
Bild 15.JPGBild 3.JPGBild 6.JPGBild 10.JPG

Now please tell me what I should improve and most important of all, how, 'cause this is nothing compared to what other guys like TDR and Pyritie have managed and I'm uncurtain if I got a chanse in modeling.

Hey all hivers!

I got a major problem, next year I'm most likely going to study at a school for game art and programing. The thing is that I ain't that good at drawing 3d but 2d.
This is pretty much all that I can do in comic, friends think I'm awesome but I see myself as not that good:

Now please tell me what I should improve and most important of all, how, 'cause this is nothing compared to what other guys like TDR and Pyritie have managed and I'm uncurtain if I got a chanse in modeling.

In year 2005 I was almost at your level so you have chances if you will be practicing a lot :)

Level 6
In year 2005 I was almost at your level so you have chances if you will be practicing a lot :)
Ye well I'm 15. you?
deviantART has loads of tutorials on all sorts of things. Search for tutorials on perspective; I'm sure you'll find loads.
ye i've been there for quite some time to search for brushes to photoshop, not tutorials thought, thanks! :)

Level 6
Thanks for your advice :) makes me happy. i gotta ask u this, what 3d program are you using? is it maya? cus since im gonna go on a game school i wanna have a good start and already know a little bit about it.

off-topic: what do you think I should have for dinner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your advice :) makes me happy. i gotta ask u this, what 3d program are you using? is it maya? cus since im gonna go on a game school i wanna have a good start and already know a little bit about it.

It heavily depends on the school but most of the schools prefer Maya . I am using 3ds max and Zbrush mainly Zbrush but I will have to start using Maya soon .

Do not forget to practice drawing , you will need it more than knowledge of 3d app . As one of my friends said : "We can teach 3d to everybody but it is hard to teach drawing "

The application wont make you good but your drawing skills will .

Level 6
Yes I'm aware of that. The thing is that if someone tells me to draw a specified line I can do it, no matter how it looks, but if someone tells me to draw a perfect human then I can not. I guess I don't know enought knowledge of it and not only time.
Now, I really wanna use Maya but I don't got a key to it, do you have one that you could share? and, where can you buy a tablet as cheap as possible, would help a lot to draw in photoshop, I've searched a bit but can only find expensive stuff, do I have to check on E-Bay? Ö.Ö
off-topic: I think I'll go for something vegetarian, not a bad idea huh? I just LOVE the soya products :D

Level 6
Warhammer Sketch

Ok so I haven't been able to draw for a while so that's why it has taken so long time but here it is :)
Warhammer.jpg

Now this doesn't look the best because the scanner sucks. But really, the shaddows and the glare are 3 times stronger so keep that in mind.

Level 6
If that's your work it's awesome.
If it's just a copy, then, awesome, but a copy.

And from what I've seen I'd say that is a copy.
Sorry :p

Level 6
Well, I guess by copying you can get an idea of how it's done.
If not, just try, look at some guides or something, you can find anything on the internet, and just practice, like people have said earlier in the thread.

Level 6
Yeah I can surely figure out how to do it but I don't got time to do it right now.
anyway, here's an update of the picture.
Warhammer2.jpg

and rober artua, i'd really appreciate if you'd comment the pic :)

Level 5
I think the picture is great, but i think it would looke cooler if he had some brutal chest armor.
But it still rocks 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.