• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Getting into digital art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Hey, I'm thinking to get into digital art a little bit. Right now Im trying to draw an eagle but this is as far as I can get, so just a WIP here:

eagle.jpg

I think I'm not doing so badly on beak and eye parts, but I'm struggling to make the feather part looks good. I want to make it look realistic if at all possible. Any advice of appropriate way of doing that part will be highly appreciated! I.e. what kind of brush(es) I should use? Oh I'm using photoshop cs6 btw.

Last edited:
Level 15
Any brush should work. Custom brush only make things “easier”.
My advice on drawing the fur/feathers, is painting from macro scale, with bigger brush. That feather is basically just one color, it become different because of the shadows. The upper part looks darker because you see the inner side of those feathers. So start with that. Those small details can be added later. Realistic is all about what you see, not the extra details.

Well, atleast that what I learned.
And yes, that beak and eyes looks amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.