[Trigger] Need help with DoTA-like Multiboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Problems with creating multiboard. Can not make the icon stuff.
I a wanted to do a DoTA-like multiboard. The thing is I wanted to do a multiboard were would be the icons of the heroes the players have chosen. Tried to do myself, used array variables, couln't manage. Haven't found any tutorials related to it. Yes there are multiboard tutorials. But there are to simple. And I looked through all that stuff. No material related to my problem. Only basics that I think I know

Level 4
If I'm not mistaken, those icons of ther hero is Jass enabled but I could be wrong, you might want to ask in the Jass forum and you might be able to get a better response. Because as far as I know there is no GUI way of doing that.. I could be very wrong tho.

Level 19
If I'm not mistaken, those icons of ther hero is Jass enabled but I could be wrong, you might want to ask in the Jass forum and you might be able to get a better response. Because as far as I know there is no GUI way of doing that.. I could be very wrong tho.

You are(Depends on how efficient you want to make it). It is possible. I've tried it once myself to make the icon appear in the multi board after choosing a hero. It wasn't that complicated but it took a while to figure it out for the first time.

Level 19
Reputation isn't my highest priority here. Sorry if I insulted you or anything.
You'll have to make some calculations etc to make an efficient and advanced muliboard. You'll have to use "number of player" a lot in this case.

Level 19
  • Set MultiboardHeroIcon[0] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSpellBreaker.blp
  • Set MultiboardHeroIcon[1] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGryphonRider.blp
  • Set MultiboardHeroIcon[2] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNKnight.blp
  • Set MultiboardHeroIcon[3] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMilitia.blp
This trigger is spesificaly made for only create 1 hero(Forgot adding creating unit oops lol...) unit and make the icon.
  • Knight
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Equal to Knight
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 1) to MultiboardHeroIcon[2]
Player NameIconsLevel

redmarine
images

BroKeN
images

Last edited:
Level 19
  • Set MultiboardHeroIcon[0] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSpellBreaker.blp
  • Set MultiboardHeroIcon[1] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGryphonRider.blp
  • Set MultiboardHeroIcon[2] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNKnight.blp
  • Set MultiboardHeroIcon[3] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMilitia.blp
  • Knight
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Equal to Knight
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 1) to MultiboardHeroIcon[1]
      • Set MultiboardHeroName[(Player number of (Owner of (Sold unit)))] = (Name of (Sold unit))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Player number of (Owner of (Transporting unit))) to MultiboardHeroName[(Player number of (Owner of (Sold unit)))]
Player NameIconsName

redmarine
images
Jimmy

BroKeN
images
Frank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.