• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help with Buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am trying to make an Elixir system in which the Hero can consume special potions to gain a temporary bonus from the potion, displayed by a buff. However, the Hero is supposed to only be able to have on of these buffs at any given moment.
To get this effect I simply used the same spell for all potions (Vampiric Potion) and as a result of this, whenever the Hero uses an Elixir it cancels the buff given by the last one.

Here is the problem. I take a potion and it works fine. I take another potion and it cancels out the last one, but doesn't add a buff icon for the 2nd one. However trigger checking reveals that the 2nd buff is on the Hero, the 1st one gone, but it displays no icon for the 2nd!

Help is greatly appreciated.

Level 12
Well, If you make the items (or whatever your using to give the buff) acually give the buff, you could trigger a dispeal for the unit, removing the buff, then adding the buff.

If you happen to be trying to do it that way, then make a dummie item, and when its consumed, add a dummie ability to the unit, make it use it (make sure it has the correct buff), then instantly remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.