• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need function for spell:Passive Spell cant be activated more than every X seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a counter attack spell which is mostly GUI. Its passive and activates on a % chance when the hero is attacked.
However i wish to limit how often this happens. The way i thought i'd go about this is to give the hero a specific buff when the spell activates that lasts X seconds but i cant see a give hero spell function in GUI, only a remove buff one.
And when the hero has the buff, the ability will not activate.
Any help given is greatly appreciated! :D

Level 2
How do you detect if a hero has an ability in GUI conditions? Im only aware you can detect if a buff is active.
On a side note how do you hide a buff status?(at the status section to the right of the heroes' portrait)
And a even more trivial matter, how do you remove need for the player to (click any button to continue) in the loading screen?

p.s: RolePlaynGamer i checked out your link to the preview of your Everwood ORPG... looks SICK. Hope to be able to play it soon

Level 9
seksiness said:
How do you detect if a hero has an ability in GUI conditions? Im only aware you can detect if a buff is active.

• (Level of <ability> for <unit>) Greater than 0
It's an "Integer Comparison".

seksiness said:
On a side note how do you hide a buff status?(at the status section to the right of the heroes' portrait)

Find the ability in the object editor, and under the field called "Stats - Buffs" remove everything.

seksiness said:
And a even more trivial matter, how do you remove need for the player to (click any button to continue) in the loading screen?

Honestly, i have NO idea on how to do that.. =0

seksiness said:
p.s: RolePlaynGamer i checked out your link to the preview of your Everwood ORPG... looks SICK. Hope to be able to play it soon

I'm soon adding a lot more of text to the post and more than 30 screenshots, some of them from ingame. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.