• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with Bossfights! {custom bosses (units) never cast spells!}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey there. I'm making a custom map with quests and cinematics and stuff like that and I was wondering....how do you make bosses cast spells? I mean, whenever I try out my map and fight the bosses I placed, all they do is spam the attack animation. They never cast any of the spells i give them. Pls. help.:confused:

Level 4
Lets say your boss is inside a grove or something, then this might be good.

• Boss
    • Events
      • Unit - Peasant 0000 <gen>'s life becomes Equal to ((Life of Peasant 0000 <gen>) / (100.00 x 90.00))
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Peasant 0000 <gen> to Neutral - Firebolt (Random unit from (Units in Boss Region <gen>))
      • -------- you must edit an use the firebolt- neutral as your spell though --------
Its a simple one (and i never tried to get it as %), but I think it will do the job.

If the % does not work, you just make this:
  • Unit - Peasant 0000 <gen>'s life becomes Equal to 90.00
In this example the hp of the boss is 100, so 90 = 90%. to find 90% of a unit without 100 hp you just use this:

Code:
[U]MAX LIFE[/U] X the % you want

I would rather use AI/JASS ofc then triggering. Although this is a way to create abit more advanced stuff than just tank n spank.

Level 12
Depends what type of spell and what conditions you want.
The basic idea is giving it abilities and using triggers and maybe AI to cast:
  • -------- In case it's an instant cast spell: --------
  • Unit - Order BOSS to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
  • -------- In case it's a unit-target spell: --------
  • Unit - Order BOSS to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Attacking Unit)
  • -------- In case it's a point-target spell: --------
  • Unit - Order BOSS to Human Archmage - Blizzard (Position of (Attacking Unit))
The abilities will fire as though a human player would have ordered them to do so, and will be effected by mana statistics and cooldown. These three possibilities are three different GUI actions found in the Unit menu. You'll have no trouble finding them and it'll be easy functioning them when you find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.