• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help with an ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
There, i need some help with an ability:
Advanced Weaponry:
Increases base damage and range
Level 1 - 15 damage increase, 50 range.
Level 2 - 30 damage increase, 100 range.
Level 3 - 45 damage increase, 150 range.
Level 4 - 60 damage increase, 200 range.

There, i want this thing to work, but i don't know how to make an ability "Upgrade" like (you learn, level up (upgrade lvl increased), then range increase and base damage) i need it to work like this. (i did something but it was something like dummy unit researches (((completed:Advanced Weaponry..... Who the hell would like to see such message in AoS type map???)))

Tiche3 :grin: (if i get help, then +rep, else do nothing :D):grin:

Level 8
you need to first make a custom upgrade, and of course that custom ability. making sure that your hero uses that upgrade, when your hero learns that custom ability, use triggers to increase the level of that upgrade. something like:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Upgrade
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Hero Range/Damage Upgrade to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
i'm sure you know that increasing an upgrade is a one-way road and it can't be degraded. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.