• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Need help with AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello , because I'm kinda new to World editor .I still don't know few things , one of them is AI creating, I need help with AI .Wanted- Create AI for Orc , Blood elfs , undead , Human races , I got every unit ready .And making Normal , Hard diff AI.
Note-Im asking for help in advance .Meaning only few levels where I need that AI are finished . And its gona be around 4-6 levels with AI

Btw Happy holidays .

Level 25
If you want custom AI, you will need to trigger it... if I remember correctly, the AI editor is only for melee maps, but once you add something into the map (e.g. a new type of unit) it stops being melee map, hence the AI editor won't have any impact on the real game.

Maybe search the download section for an AI (if anyone even posts something like that), since generally, AIs are quite complicated to code, not to mention if you want to code AI for many races.

Level 6
If you want custom AI, you will need to trigger it... if I remember correctly, the AI editor is only for melee maps, but once you add something into the map (e.g. a new type of unit) it stops being melee map, hence the AI editor won't have any impact on the real game.

Maybe search the download section for an AI (if anyone even posts something like that), since generally, AIs are quite complicated to code, not to mention if you want to code AI for many races.

Actually you can create custom AI for maps , just that I don't know how, I have seen many great AI for custom maps and campaigns...

Level 19
You just have to import the object editor settings in the ai editor, you should see all units you can use in the map. Just make sure building such a unit/building is actually possible or else it wont work, e.g. making night elves build a necropolis - cant happen.

Level 6
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.