• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with a few triggers WILL GIVE CREDIT IN MAP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So, these are the things I need help with:

Timed mob respawn triggers. There's LOTS of the same type of mob so I don't want to have to make a trigger for EVERY SINGLE one.

Protecting map.

Kick commands. However, I want them to be only usable if the player saying them's name is ZeRO.ToLErAnCE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :grin:

EDIT: Giving +rep too.

Level 17
For the mob respawn triggers, i think you mean creeps. There is a system for that either here or on Campaigns, i forget.

The best way to protect your map is to download Vexorians Map Optimizer (Find it in the tools section or on Wc3campaigns.net). Just enable all the options. It will make your map file size ALOT smaller, it will make your map much less laggy, and make it load faster as well as protect it (Be sure to keep an unprotected version for you to edit!)

And for the kick commands, it would be something like:

Event - A player enters a chat message containg -kick as a substring

Condition - Player name of triggering player equal to Zero.tolerance

Actions-

If/then/Else Multiple Actions:

If- Substring(EnteredChatstring)7,10 equal to blue then do player - defeat player 2 blue.

Else do - If/then/else Multiple actions (And repeat for all the players)

And do that for all the players. How do the substrings work?

Just look here: -kick blue

Count the letters, - 1 k 2 i 3 c 4 k 5 _ 6 b 7 l 8 u 9 e1 0

This means that, starting from the 7th written letter till the 10th (B being the 7th e being the 10th) if it is blue then blue is defeated.

Do the same and count the string for each letter (They should all start at 7 but end according to how many letters there are for example)

-kick brown (example would be, count from B which is 7, N is 11. So its Substring 7,11 = Brown.)

Level 18
Use periodic event for event and what unit you want to spawn for action like this

Events
--Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
--
Actions
--Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (red) at (pick region here) facing Default Building degrees

Level 15
Help in Respawn of Neutral Creeps

This is how you do it, remember to credit me(Destiny.Knight from US.West, also check out Wrath of Nations<<<A.O.S type map from hiveworkshop, uploaded)

Event - every "Example" seconds (any interval you may want)

Conditions - If ((Count number of units in "Region" owned by "Neutral Hostile") Equal 0) (note the quotes are editable fields, might not be as accurate as in the world editor but you get a rough idea how it is done)
Explaination: Over here at the conditions, this condition means that the system checks if units owned by the Neutral Hostile in that region is none, here it goes. If all neutral units are dead or so called "gone" from the region, then do some actions

Actions - Create "Number" "Unit Type" in "Region"

If the Region has no Neutral Units, then the system spawn the neutral units else nothing will be spawn.
Number and Unit Type here are of your chose.
This is one of the simplest neutral revival i can think of. You can figure out more advanced feature for neutral revival.

Level 19
OMG CREDIT!!!
Credit meee Credit meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>.<

for protecting map
search war3mapoptimizer in google
for kicking I remember we have a kick system in GUI
USE THAT DAMN (Holy and Blessed) SEARCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.