• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Auto-lvl spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

im making a map where all the "trash mobs" lvl to a certain lvl depending on the heroes attacking them, but im facing a problem.

how can i set a "trash mob" to lvl up his skills when he is fighting an hero without having to trigger every single gazzilion of "trash mobs" i have in the map?

E.g. my heroes are lvl 5, they attack a mob lvl 1, e becomes a lvl 7 but i need him to also lvl his abilities, being them hero ability or normal ones.

the lvl up thing i already did with the triggers, my problem is the skills.

help plz.

thank you

Level 29
You would have to level the skills through the triggers as well.

Easiest way is to keep track of the spells of each unit using a hashtable.

Then you load the skills you want to level with that unit based on that units level.

So if the unit is a level 10 he should have all spells saved in hashtable from level 1 to level 10. This way the unit does not have all maxed spells and you can select the spells you want him to learn through the hashtable.

It would be easiest to make a system for this. There may be one on here. If not maybe I will make one later and post it on here. (If I have time.)

If you try it with triggers and get stuck though you can post it here and we can try to help you fix them.

Level 2
Hello,

thank you for your answer.

first of all not that im new to doing maps, but i always do them very simply meaning, i never used hashtable nor know how to use them.

also there will be lots and lots of spells and unities... so im guessing im F**********. i was hopping there would be some sort of AI or some trigger that im missing. like " a gains a lvl, set all abilities to triggering heros lvl" or something like that.

Level 2
Mythic i think you might be my saviour, BUT the same with hastable, ive never really understood the array concept in triggers... like i said i usually keep it simple... probably so simple that it hurts.

could you write an example? (no need to be in editor print)

Level 2
But for that i would have to do 1 trigget for each ability of the 4 abilities of ALL enemies?

that might take time.
i dont mind if u explain a bit more the array thing.

isnt atleast a way of doing something like (for none hero abilities) something like:

unit is attacked, set lvl of attacked unit to lvl of attaking uni+2, set lvl of ability in X0 y2 to lvl of attacked unit, x1 y2, x2 y2, x3 y2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
Arrays would be very slow for something like this unless you only have 1 unit type to level.

I can't make this now but I will hopefully have time in about 12 hrs to start making a system to be able to do this easy for you. It shouldn't take me long to make. The system will allow you to register levels of abilities for unit types. It will allow for easy leveling and it will handle the leveling of the abilities for you.

Level 2
well ive decided to go for a triger for each ability, it will lvl up all abilities even for champs without it. think it will work. dont worry.

thank you

Level 2
that i actually know ;P usually i even set a last lvl more the same as the one before to be sure... but it will be 10 lvl per ability for heroes lvl 10
so will be cool and limited to 10 lvls.
thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.