• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with a few things on Abilities (making invisible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok first, this is about a trigger that when you use an item, it add 1 to str, 1 to agi, 6 to int and 2 to def. I think we cant give def by trigger (or maybe we can???) so i gave the 2 def via a skill made on devotion aura, set to 1 range.

First: The defence bonus come in when equiped but after 3~5 sec, it become a +4 for some reason, i need help with that. Anyone knows?

Second: I wan the skill to be invisible to the player...is that possible? Or can i give the def by trigger?

Level 6
The player must be able to unequip the item thats why the triggers. Also it set a variable to true and another the name of the item as a string. I made the item a tome by the way lol

By invisible i mean that the player dont see a skill in his "spaces" like below patrol and all because its a hero with skills. I'll let you see the 2 triggers if it can help even tho its already in another topic.

• Equip Chest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Iron Set - |cffffcc00Chest Armor|r
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Geomancer
                  • Equip_Chest[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set Equip_Chest[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = True
                  • Set chest[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = iron armor
                  • Hero - Modify Agility of (Hero manipulating item): Add 1
                  • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Hero manipulating item): Add 1
                  • Hero - Modify Strength of (Hero manipulating item): Add 4
                  • Unit - Add Iron Armor 5def to (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to (Matching player))) the text: |cffff0000Item can'...
              • Hero - Create Iron Set - |cffffcc00Chest Armor|r and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloth Set - |cffffcc00Chest Armor|r
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Mage
                  • Equip_Chest[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set Equip_Chest[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = True
                  • Set chest[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = cloth armor
                  • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Hero manipulating item): Add 6
                  • Hero - Modify Strength of (Hero manipulating item): Add 1
                  • Unit - Add Iron Armor 2def to (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to (Matching player))) the text: |cffff0000Item can'...
              • Hero - Create Cloth Set - |cffffcc00Chest Armor|r and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
  • Equip Chest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Iron Set - |cffffcc00Chest Armor|r
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Geomancer
            • Then - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set chest[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = iron armor
                  • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Hero manipulating item): Add 1
                  • Hero - Modify Strength of (Hero manipulating item): Add 4
                  • Unit - Add Iron Armor 5def to (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions
              • Hero - Create Iron Set - |cffffcc00Chest Armor|r and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloth Set - |cffffcc00Chest Armor|r
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Mage
            • Then - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set chest[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = cloth armor
                  • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Hero manipulating item): Add 6
                  • Hero - Modify Strength of (Hero manipulating item): Add 1
                  • Unit - Add Iron Armor 2def to (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions
              • Hero - Create Cloth Set - |cffffcc00Chest Armor|r and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 9
Add the following abilitys to your item (Based on whatever parmanent item you wonna) Item Bonus str/int/agi/armor set the values of those abilityes to whatever you wonna and you are rdy no need from triggers and so on if the item is parmanent:ned:

Level 6
It's not permanent so i cant decrease it by trigger when it unequip...

EDIT: i'm talking about the defence by the way, there's no way to increase/decrease def by trigger... Is there way by item to decrease def? i could do so when i unequip it it give a tome that have the same effects but negative and then it give the real item back to the hero (in his inventory).

I dont have time to test right now but can somoen confirm my theorie?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.