• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make an efficency VS a Certain Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Like reduce damage taken by a certain unit by (X)%
I'd need the whole thing as a Spell. Basically what I want to do is that whenever the soldier goes into DEF it reduces the damage taken by a certain unit(not all).

I would then just add / remove the spell with the ability being activated deactivated. I am thankful though if there is a way to simple integrate it into the soldier def ability itself.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Give them more armor and a magic resistance ability.

Armor reduces damage to a minimum of 1 (before type modifiers).
Magic resistance reduces damage taken as an additive percentage, to the point that 101% will even heal you 1% when damaged.

Armor works by raising equivalent hitpoints for all attack damage (not ability) by the percentage defined by gameplay constants (default 6%). The damage reduction is diminishing however but you can compensate by scaling the armor amount added (simple equation re-arrange).

Abilities like defend and the one arcane shield thing item can reduce certain types of damage by a percentage. If the unit has mana you can use a ultra efficient mana shield to reduce damage taken by a percentage (so efficient the man used is trivial).

Status
Not open for further replies.