• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help on the Model!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So Basically the left model in the picture is my currently model. Since i don't know how to deal with UV mapping i need help for changing it to the right model in the picture (fading Texture).

I did try geoset animation, texture animation on Magos but it does not contain the thing that i want in the picture.

Attachments

• Untitled10.png
    Untitled10.png
    557.4 KB · Views: 59
I was looking at this model earlier, so I'll provide some further information. Hopefully that will help get Stork some answers more quickly. Right now the primary material is driven by a texture animation that, combined with some clever unwrapping, causes the texture to appear to be flowing out from the center of the model. Without any texture animation, it is easy enough to drive transparency through the texture's alpha channel. However, once the animation plays, that alpha channel is also animated so the transparency shifts from being at the edges of the model, to the center, and then back to the edges, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.