• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help on my Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok here's what happened before i got my problem.

I just finished importing a spell on my map, then after I saved it, I accentally pulled the plug. It's already night that time so I decided to continue the map tomorrow morning. Now when I opened it, the WEU said:

" Unable to load file 'C:\Warcraft III\Test\The Chronicles I.w3x'
-Level Info data missing or invalid "

What should I do? Am I still able to recover my map? I don't want to start over again T_T. I attached the map in this thread.

P.S.
As i mentioned above, I'm using WEU.

Attachments

• The Chronicles I.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 54
Level 11
You really screwed the mpq archive. So unless your real handy with a hex editor. No, the map is gone. However when you click test, the map is copied to Maps/test/*something* I'm pretty sure the "something" is like worldedittestmap or something like that. In that case you'd be able to get your file back! Unless you tested something else since then. (Because then your file would have been overwritten. )

Apparently the file was writing, then stopped right in the middle, thus leaving it 100% useless.

Last edited:
Level 8
Its worldedittestmap Found under: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Test

assuming you installed into your program files.

I think for WEU there is the LastCreatedMap found in C:\Program Files\WE Unlimited\MapImported

Again assuming you installed to program files.

IF you did not open another map it may be salvageable.

Level 6
Oh isee. Anyway I'm still lucky because I saw some files of my map from my computer, though they are not the latest version. I'm lucky that i won't start from the very beginning. ^^ I appreciated the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.