• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help making a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im trying to make a few spells, so i read daelins tutorial if thats how his name is spelled, cant see it at the moment... anyway, i squeeked by on the heal all (couldnt find out how to attatch to the chest) but there were a few things that the tutorial didnt cover that i sorta wanna use, but i dont know how

First im trying to make a spell similar to the heal all, but only its for a scourge type team, I am trying to make it heal all allies and hurt all enemies.

Also trying to make a spell like heal all, but only it hurts all enemies, trying to get pandas to fall out of the sky (like starfall) and hit them once and have a spurt of blood gush out as if the panda attacked or something.

Looking to make a vampiric aura, that only affects the hero and his own summons / men, basically only the player gets it, allies dont. I have been trying to change the healing animation from white to red, and have blood gush out of the target (because it is a vampire doing this blood is gooooood for him :D )

I can bet that most of these are simple but im putting them into my first map that is in the works right now, and im horrible at spells that involve triggers as i am horrible with triggers :cry:

Level 11
Ok, you didn't read the tutorial carefully. And btw, it is supposed to generally cover types of spell, not every possible spell.

a) First Heal All is just an AoE spell. Read the chapter! The specific idea of the spell is when picking up the units. And now, if it is an ally, you heal it, but if it is an enemy you damage it.

It's all about IF/THEN/ELSEs in the Pick up Every Unit action.

b) Panda Stuff is similar. Pick Up only enemy units and damage them. My tutorial doesn't cover special effects... But you can use the Special Effect - Create Special effect on unit. Use it to create the panda effect at the origin of the units.

c) Auras once again are not included in my tutorial. I haven't got time to make them as well. However, you say you want the aura to affect only the hero and his own summons? That's simple, and can be solved in object editor. Change the valid targets to Air, Ground, Player, Organic.

And yes, my tutorial presumes that you know how to work with the object editor. I think I mentioned that...

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.