• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help Importing Custom Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've read quite a few tutorials about importing icons but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Here is what I did.

- I took a screenshot of my unit in the WE and opened the .tga in photoshop. I then cropped the image down to 64 x 64 pixels and added a border around it. I made a disabled version of the icon and then I tried importing it into the WE. It didn't work.

I read in Sopho's awesome tutorial that I should save the .tga in the War3 Viewer and then try it again. So I did. Again it didn't work. In the World Editor the icon doesn't show up. It's not green or anything like that it's just transparent or invisible. My paths are correct and the \ are all correct. What am I doing wrong? This is my first experience with icons so I'm not really sure what I can or can not do.

Please Help.

Level 21
Hmmm...

Don't use war3 viewer or image extractor II to convert your icons to a .tga so you can import them..

Use irfanview to convert them to a .tga. I use irfanview all the time to convert invalid (not working/not right) .tgas to a right one with irfanview.

Remember to restart your world editor and apply the icons again to your desired units/abilities that need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.