• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help - Importing a custom UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

I'm making a custom UI for my proyect, but I found some issues when I tried to make a very early in-game test.
Look at this picture, there are three issues:

cap01i.jpg

1 - I can't understand why that crystal orb is not fully showing. Why that small part of the crystal is hidden? SOLVED
2 - Why there's a transparent band above the minimap? SOLVED

3 - I don't get why the last part of the UI is not showing. If I'm not wrong, that part is the HumanUITile04 isn't it? (Note that I'm replacing the Human UI)

Here, in this picture you can see the path of all the imported files:
cap02r.jpg

Well, can someone help me with this? I'm pretty sure the alpha channels on the UI are correctly set (I checked how the alpha channels were set in the original Human UI. I did the same to my UI).

Regards

Last edited:
Level 14
Crabby_Spider and I had a similar issue for our Erebus custom UI. The __UITile04 only worked if it was imported as a .tga file (not always true, but for us and many others it was). We used PaintShopPro to do the conversion from blp (or w/e it is) to tga, but any most any image problem should do.

Try using a .tga file instead of a .blp file and let me know how it works. Just in case, set the Game Interface - Console Texture 4 (under Advanced/Game Interface) path to the imported file. This should be overkill, but it's what I did in my map.

//\\oo//\\

Level 12
I'm sure Boris_Spider's solution should do the trick, but I just want to give my own personal encounter before. What program you uses to convert the files to .blp? Some programs may be faulty even if you don't seem to notice it. It's best to use BLPlab for the converting job. Its a simple yet amazing program. You have lots of options to choose n tweak to find the optimum size of file you want for your map. Besides that, be careful with your alpha-adding process with the tga files.

Level 9
Wow, it seems the .tga worked fine!
Well, I was using the WC3 Viewer to convert the .tga to .blp, but it seems that something was wrong with it... Anyway, the .tga method solved the problem.
Thanks to Boris Spider and ALONE for suggesting the trick, and to Drunken Jackal for offering his help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.