• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help, how to remove dangly bit off of this model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello. I'm currently trying to edit the Sentinel.blp texture blizzard texture for this model

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/dismounted-huntress-147718/?prev=search%3Dhuntress%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

However I cant figure out what I need to give transparency as I can manage to remove the ring off of the hanging piece of cloth on her pants, but not the cloth itself.
Could anyone tell me what it is in this texture that I need to alpha out for it to work?

oa6QIUD.jpg

This encircled bit right here, how do I remove that? I cant even find the specific spot that manipulates it's color. The only time I managed to even color this thing was when I just painted the whole texture into one color to see if it was even dependant on this texture file.

4jEb4Z0.jpg

Last edited:
Level 18
Yes, remove it from the model. Blizzard, being lazy, wrapped it on the watcher's leg, so you cannot alpha it out without punching a hole in her thigh.

In general, it's a good idea to take a look on the model with some program like MdlVis in order to know what is wrapped where before you start skinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.