• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a model skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I don't know if this is the right place so move it if need be ty.

Anyways, I'm about to complete my very first mod model for wc3 this is one of the best things i have ever made except for my tournament map. I'm have ONE problem... I'm not a major geek so I might have made simple things b4 and this model my seem real simple but its the best ive ever done. My problem is that when i import it to wc3 world editor(it has no animations atm.) its all black.... I have the textures imported and all. I think the problem is i didnt create an alpha channel for the textures or whatever, i was reading a model tutorial for gmax and that is what i went by... it says i need to alpha channel the images or somthing... it only tells you how to do that with paintshoppro and heres the deal:
i spent 10 mins(not long i know) dling 104 mb file more crap on my pc i dont need and i try to install it and it reqs a trial serial code that you HAVE to CALL them by phone to get it! wtf? thats one of the stupidist things ive ever heard... im not about to call them for a serial number and have some massive calling bill for that call on my phone bill no. or whatever... it doesnt matter i dont feel like calling somone that ill probly need to wait for an hour just over a dang number i need for a dang prog that i only need for 1 dang thing. if this is the problem:

THIS IS MY QUESTION

Are there any programs (FREE) trial or no that dont req calling ppl to use to create an alpha channl for my textures?

or say if so this isnt the problem. anyone mind helping me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.