Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Spell] Need help getting non-trigger/jass spells to be directly affected by stats.

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by BlackArmsShadow, Oct 11, 2011.

1. BlackArmsShadow

BlackArmsShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    As I said before I need help getting non-trigger/jass spells to be directly affected by stats.

Is this possible? If so i'd like help getting this to work. If this has already been asked, just provide a thread link to point me in the right direction.

2. Spartipilo

Spartipilo

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's impossible, since there are no standar skill in warcraft 3 that does something based on status. Any stat effect must be triggered, but is not so hard :) Ask if you want to know how, or if you want someone to help you creating something.

3. Zaio

Zaio

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No, it is not possible in object editor, however you can easily trigger it with theese functions.
    Code (vJASS):
    native          GetHeroStr          takes unit whichHero, boolean includeBonuses returns integer
    Code (vJASS):
    native          GetHeroAgi          takes unit whichHero, boolean includeBonuses returns integer
    Code (vJASS):
    native          GetHeroInt          takes unit whichHero, boolean includeBonuses returns integer

4. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's only getting the current attributes, applying them to other features could be a problem depending on what exactly you want to do. It may be enough to have some aiding triggers that catch the spell's features and execute additional actions using the stats, could also be that you have to trigger the whole ability.

Another question is when to read out the hero's attributes/how to assign them to the spell. Imagine having a stormbolt, you send it off flying and naturally would want to gather the data upon cast. But how do you know it's the same stormbolt upon impact where you would like to deal additional damage for example. There might be some simulteaneous stormbolts flying around, from the same caster, with different attribute values, the target arbitrarily moving around, shots not arriving in the correct order.

5. Zaio

Zaio

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was just showing the functions to get the stats, i am aware it requires much more coding, since generally stats abilities should only be used in triggered projectiles or instant abilities.

6. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Attribute Bonus - Hero ability?
    or
    Any item attribute ability (can be edited into unit if needed or even hero ability)?

There are no blizzard created spells that use hero stats in their formulas.

Any stat based event must be triggered.

7. Bannar

Bannar

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If you used the search engine you would find the answer pretty quickly. As you probably understood after reading responses above, it's not so simple and without a bit of scripting you won't archieve the desired thing.

Could you elaborate the subject? We could help you with triggering part; feel free to ask.

8. Spartipilo

Spartipilo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Zaio, how can I add stat damage using the object editor? xD

9. Zaio

Zaio

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Did you even read what i posted?

10. BlackArmsShadow

BlackArmsShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I didn't go into enough detail earlier.

I know that I would need to trigger but I'm trying to do something that doesnt instantly affect a target dealing 'convert integer to real' as damage, but strengthens regular spells using intelligence or agility like a stat does to attack, armor, regeneration and etc. Something like making the victim take bonus damage upon hit by the spell based on a chosen attribute.

+Rep for the great suggestions so far.

11. Zaio

Zaio

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Still not enough detail im afraid, elaborate please.

Want a damage over time? AoE damage after a few secs? We need the exact idea you have for an ability, also do you know how trigger at all? You should include such information so we can help you faster and easier.

12. BlackArmsShadow

BlackArmsShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm looking for damage over time, direct damage effects and even buffs, a few examples might Firebolt, Shadow Strike or Roar - AoE effects are not an issue.

Just post a few appropriate triggers and I'll say which one I'm needing.

I'll experiment in WE - I'm a hands on learner.

13. BlackArmsShadow

BlackArmsShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    desperation bump

14. Spartipilo

Spartipilo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok... BlackArmsShadow... I'lll give you a really basic example of stat use in spell.
    Import Weep's GDD found in Spells area.

Event: GDD_Event becomes equal to 0.00
    Condition: Whatever.
    Actions: Cause GDD_DamageSource to cause X damage to GDD_DamagedUnit.

Add your 'stat' damage in the 'X'.

You're done :)

15. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Paladon's DOT system in the spells section if you want a damage over time system. Just put the damage to the desired attribute if you want it to damage the amount of attributes.