• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell damage according to stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is what i can do:
By using triggers i am able to set certain simple spells(spells that only do one thing like direct damage or direct heal) damage/healing according to the hero's agility, strength etc.

This is what i can't do!!(please help me here):
I dont know how to set up a trigger for a more complicated spell like "Bash".
Why wont this trigger work for my Bash ability called "Dirty Fighting"? What i want the trigger to do is when the atacking unit stuns a target damage will be dealt in addition to the stun according to the units strength.

Attachments

• Trigger2.png
    Trigger2.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 114
Level 4
I think your best shot here would be to make a dummy unit and a dummy spell for the stun and only use
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Less than or equal to 2
I have never used a dummy unit so I don't really know how to do it.

You could make a "fake stun" with pause/unpause. I don't really know if it would work.

And, when you deal damage with triggers, avoid set life. If you use that, units will not gain XP gold ans stuff. Use Unit - Damage target. Set life works great for heals though.

Level 3
i dont know what a dummy is and since you dont know how to use it i think i still have no solution yet. but thnx for the help.

Level 18
The event "Unit starts the effect of an ability" is not triggered by passive spells. What you're going to have to do to add custom trigger-damage to your Bash ability is custom-trigger the ability entirely.

What "ED_Reborn" is referring to is the necessity of a dummy-caster (unit that casts spells that cannot be seen) when you custom-trigger your Bash spell.

• Untitled Trigger 001
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
  • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Less than or equal to 2
This is an example to show you how you're going to need to setup your custom Bash ability.

BIGbean said:
i dont know what a dummy is and since you dont know how to use it i think i still have no solution yet. but thnx for the help.

A dummy is a unit that cannot be seen or targeted or anything (by using the 'Aloc' or "Locust" ability). The dummy can be referenced by code however and in doing so you can chain together the effects of different abilities while still making it look good.

Level 4
In addition to all this Bash, Evasion and Critical Strike are quite curious spells, since they cannot be detected and their maintenance cannot be changed. So if you want a custom bash, MAKE ONE.

Exactly my point. And if you have to make one on your own, you would need a dummy caster for the stun. Wish there was a unit - unit gains buff event :sad:that would make this so much easier.

Level 3
maybe you could trigger it to detect the buff, if the unit has the buff (stunned?)
than it takes damage = whatever you want the damage to be (ex. 3xlevel of strength) or whatever you want XD
try that maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.