• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Need Help for Creating Unique Spells WITHOUT codes such as JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi. i'm in need of help for making some spells for some heroes i am creating. I do not know how to use codes like JASS, but know how to use triggers pretty well. Any help you can give me would be great.

My first spell is called Arrowstorm, it's for the Hero Shadow Bowman. and how it works is in one of two ways. (I would prefer option 2 but if you do not know how to programme that then just select option 1)

1. Shadow Bowman gathers multiple arrows and launches them simultaneously. Damaging enemies in an area. this lasts a long time but does not damage the Shadow bowman at all.

2. Shadow Bowan Splits himself many times. having each image with 1 Hp. Each image then fires a single arrow in quick succesion. these arrows then rain upon an area of enemies, dealing no damage to ally's. (the images do not fire arrows simultaneously, but sire them within 0.01 seconds of each other. after each image fires it's arrows it dissapears. if an enemy attacks an image, the image dies. it takes 0.5 seconds for the first image to fire.)

The second spell is also by Shadow bowman, but involves decreasing movement speed which I don't know how to do. I am not sure what to call it so if you think of a name for it then please say it. I am always open to ideas.

Basically this spell is invisibility, but at level 1. the user cannot move or it will break the invisibility. on the second, third and fourth leve,l (yes, four levels of this spell) it's movement speed is dropped instead.
Level 1. if hero moves, spell breaks
Level 2. during spell duration, movement speed is 1/3 base speed (if someone gets boots of speed [+50 move speed] the movement speed bonus is not reduced)
Level 3. movement speed is 2/3 base speed
level 4. normal invisibility
This spell only works on the caster and you cannot select a target. (like warstomp, when you click the icon, it instantly casts)

The Final spell is very difficult. basically. you can either right click for autocasting or activate it manually. if it is autocasted, it activates when an enemy is within 200 range, and then when there are no heroes within 200 range. when it is activated. the hero converts to melee damage, not ranged, and gets bonus damage and attack speed. when the coast is clear, or the user recasts the spell, the hero returns to ranged damage.

Any help is much appreciated. thank you.

Hi. i'm in need of help for making some spells for some heroes i am creating. I do not know how to use codes like JASS, but know how to use triggers pretty well. Any help you can give me would be great.

My first spell is called Arrowstorm, it's for the Hero Shadow Bowman. and how it works is in one of two ways. (I would prefer option 2 but if you do not know how to programme that then just select option 1)

1. Shadow Bowman gathers multiple arrows and launches them simultaneously. Damaging enemies in an area. this lasts a long time but does not damage the Shadow bowman at all.

2. Shadow Bowan Splits himself many times. having each image with 1 Hp. Each image then fires a single arrow in quick succesion. these arrows then rain upon an area of enemies, dealing no damage to ally's. (the images do not fire arrows simultaneously, but sire them within 0.01 seconds of each other. after each image fires it's arrows it dissapears. if an enemy attacks an image, the image dies. it takes 0.5 seconds for the first image to fire.)

The second spell is also by Shadow bowman, but involves decreasing movement speed which I don't know how to do. I am not sure what to call it so if you think of a name for it then please say it. I am always open to ideas.

Basically this spell is invisibility, but at level 1. the user cannot move or it will break the invisibility. on the second, third and fourth leve,l (yes, four levels of this spell) it's movement speed is dropped instead.
Level 1. if hero moves, spell breaks
Level 2. during spell duration, movement speed is 1/3 base speed (if someone gets boots of speed [+50 move speed] the movement speed bonus is not reduced)
Level 3. movement speed is 2/3 base speed
level 4. normal invisibility
This spell only works on the caster and you cannot select a target. (like warstomp, when you click the icon, it instantly casts)

The Final spell is very difficult. basically. you can either right click for autocasting or activate it manually. if it is autocasted, it activates when an enemy is within 200 range, and then when there are no heroes within 200 range. when it is activated. the hero converts to melee damage, not ranged, and gets bonus damage and attack speed. when the coast is clear, or the user recasts the spell, the hero returns to ranged damage.

Any help is much appreciated. thank you.

you can do it with long codes of GUI with the use of hashtables (hope you know how) or some simpler triggering using vJASS...

Is this a request or you are going to make them yourself and will just ask for some assistance?

Level 3
you can do it with long codes of GUI with the use of hashtables (hope you know how) or some simpler triggering using vJASS...

Is this a request or you are going to make them yourself and will just ask for some assistance?

Unfortunately, ihave had no previous experience with Hashtables and I have absolutely no Idea how to use them.

This is not a request. I have already attempted to make them myself and I am just asking for some assistance on how to do them. I am creating a large string of heroes and unique spells alike, at this time, I am working on "Shadow Bowman" and are needing some help on it.

Unfortunately, ihave had no previous experience with Hashtables and I have absolutely no Idea how to use them.

This is not a request. I have already attempted to make them myself and I am just asking for some assistance on how to do them. I am creating a large string of heroes and unique spells alike, at this time, I am working on "Shadow Bowman" and are needing some help on it.

then maybe you can post what you have alraedy done (triggers or code) then tell what problems you have or some parts that aren't working because it really looks like a request...

Level 13
Agreed. Post your progress so far and what issues you are having with them working, or at what point you are stuck up to.

As for modifying movespeed, I know it's really easy to do in JASS, but not clue how to do it in GUI. You can always resort to custom script. It's SetUnitMoveSpeed(unit,newspeed). Of course it's gonna rely on a lot more than just that to get working.

Level 3
well, i haven't really done too much on them... i mainly want some tips on how to get these triggers to work. if you want to show me JASS on changing movespeed, Titanhex, then just tell me these codes:

1. how to store a value
2. how to use that value
OR
3. how to undo any codes used
AND
4. how to wait for a certain amount of time

storing and loading values are basics for triggering, if you don't know ho to do it you're far from making those spells...

to store values use variables/hashtables, if you know vJASS then use
structs/variables to save data.

to load the values then just load the variables that you used to save the data.

for number 3, I cannot understand the question.

for the wait you can use TriggerSleepAction but they are not accurate. you can use timers..

Level 13
Adikutz has covered just about anything I could have.

My suggestion would be to go to the tutorials section and read up on variables in the GUI section, that should get you started.

From there timers are a bit more complex to learn, or so I say. I couldn't find much of anything for coherent timer tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.