• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help: % Damage done trigger! + credit in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello! I was wondering, could anyone show me how to make a system, that when you are attacking a npc monster (still targeting yourself), if a little floating text over your head, or a game text that first will disapear after the creep is dead, says: <Name of creep/player> - 56% for example.
This would REALY be a cool system and i dont know if it is hard, but i will give rep and credit in game.

So please help me with this one!

-Moosenoir!
________
Pattaya Heights Condos

Last edited:
Level 6
i made one very simple and raw one
play with the conditions to modify it as you want :)

Attachments

• EasyDamageSystem.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 49
Level 8
LightBloOD your system is very very useful! I was thinking, can you make the system so it's a Game - Text, the text will disappear when the creep dies?

OR make as a leaderboard =

Title: Target's %
<Player> - 45% ?? and when it dies and im not in combat, it just says 0% or 100%?

Else okay i love your system! Im gonna credit you in my map. And btw, it's a rpg and i will start a thread a little later :)
________
Vaporizers

Last edited:
Level 6
LightBloOD your system is very very useful! I was thinking, can you make the system so it's a Game - Text, the text will disappear when the creep dies?
The text disappear after 3 seconds(after 1 seconds it starts fading) after each attack.

OR make as a leaderboard =

Title: Target's %
<Player> - 45% ?? and when it dies and im not in combat, it just says 0% or 100%?
If you want as a leaderboard just tell me and ill make it :)

Else okay i love your system! Im gonna credit you in my map. And btw, it's a rpg and i will start a thread a little later :)
If its the Stv rpg (your signature) ill download it when its finished ^^

Level 8
But there is one problem with the floating text system, actualy want it as you have it now most, more than anything else, but im making a third person camera, so i can see if some other guy hit someone! Even if im the other place on the world ;( can you make it show only for each player? my "show damage" system does that :) i dont know?

No it isnt acutaly stv rpg.. i stopped that :) i think im gonna change my signature now.
________
Philippine girl Cam

Last edited:
Level 6
oh i see and is it a campaign, or a multyplayer map where there's 1 unit/player? pls tell me more about the units(text should appear only above npc's, etc) and ill update it :)

Level 8
Okay, im gonna tell some stuff :)

Each player have 1 hero each. The system you made is perfect, it just need to be showed only for each player. The map is one big epic map, but i guess im gonna make some "expansion maps" where you can load your char into. So if you can make it show to each player and exactly over the npc's head if you can of course! i will change the size of it by myself after what i need! :) if you need some more info about the map just ask!
________
Live Sex

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.