• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need 3 icons! + credit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello everyone! i need 3 simple icons, i got the pic.

the first is:
http://whisper.ausgamers.com/wiki/images/Flashbang.jpg

second:
http://www.securizine.com/images/GladstoneSwat2.jpg

and the last!:
http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com/catalog/images/levesblack.jpg

I need these three things for a map called futuristic warfare!
First pic is for a flashbang spell
second is for somekind of modern boots of speed
and the last is for more armor/HP

Please make this for me mates! I will give credits!

- Moosenoir!
________
Roll blunts

Last edited:
Level 2
Ok, I've done them, look in Icon Resources and say whether this is what you wanted.

EDIT: I guess you're novice if you don't do this yourself; so, after you import the icons into the map, you must change pathes to them in import manager to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN<Name>.blp (for BTNs and PASBTNs), or to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDISABLED\DISBTN<Name>.blp (for DISBTNs and DISPASBTNs), then save your map, They'll work only after this.
(sorry if you know this, simply, I'm annoyed when some noobs terrorize me with questions "why doesn't YOUR icon/spell work?", as if only mine doesn't work in their hands. Never mind.)

Level 17
I will make them for you.

Please don't credit me. It's just Copy n Paste.

Do you need the Blizzard Frames or should I just make them as they are?

Level 2
aah, they're already done. And rejected. So, I place them here.

BTNFuturistic_Flashbang.blp
DISBTNFuturistic_Flashbang.blp

BTNFuturistic_Sneakers.blp
DISBTNFuturistic_Sneakers.blp

BTNFuturistic_Levesblack.blp
DISBTNFuturistic_Levesblack.blp

BTNFuturistic_LevesblackPair.blp
DISBTNFuturistic_LevesblackPair.blp

PASBTNFuturistic_Levesblack.blp
DISPASBTNFuturistic_Levesblack.blp

PASBTNFuturistic_LevesblackPair.blp
DISPASBTNFuturistic_LevesblackPair.blp

Huurka, he's not got into what you're saying about. If they are buttons, they need Blizzard frames (I think).

Also check this. So, Huurka, he WILL give credits to me. (Really, I've done that only for not looking like CnPer.)

Off-topic: moosenoir means moose-noir - black moose, or what?

Last edited:
Level 17
What the hell?

Did I state that he doesn't need to credit anyone?

Thanks for making this shit for me >_>...

really thanks........................

Level 2
moosenoir, you can write here everything you want, I've just run out of ideas what to draw. And you didn't answer my offtopic question.

Huurka, it will anyway take time for him to learn how to resize, crop, insert BTN borders, make disabled icons. Can't you calm down and leave this to somebody who can do it? Never mind on credits; I'll just draw my own icons to make the things less complicated.
I doubt that "GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE IT ON YOUR MAP" is of any use, people rarely give credits for what they use.
So, let them give, if they want this so much.

Level 8
ANdROnIQ, i was thinking, can you make loading screens? if so can you make this:

If not, nvm :)

Black Moose yea :) something like that
________
Web shows

Attachments

• Dwarf n Hunter.jpg
    Dwarf n Hunter.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Level 2
Ok, I'll do, but your image is too small. The screen that appears while loading, with the blue bar filling up, is called loading screen and needs 1024x768 pixels image; the one that appears in a small window on the right side of the screen when you select a map in the list (normally, the minimap or sign '?' on marble background) is called map preview and needs 256x256 pixels. We can extend your image (170x100) to the needed size, but it will appear seedly (as Doom I, or what). Or I can take other parts of the picture from your map screenshots (as I've done on my own map).

EDIT: another way is using bicubical interpolation for extending the image, but it will anyway be a bit blurry.

Level 2
hm... still small. But now, we can use bicubical interpolation (never mind, I also don't know what is it, maybe simply Lagrange polynom approximation with the power of calculation of 3 pixels around... yeah, tried to explain. NVM)

but, have you screenshots directly from the game? I mean, big pictures with size 1024x768 made by pressing PrintScreen ingame (they are saved in Warcraft 3\screenshots as .tga files).

Level 2
Huurka, please, speak clear. I have such feeling that you try to stop be helping moosenoir. If "Blizzard frames" means BTN border etc., it's all ok; if no, explain.

EDIT: Read the first page, I've explained why he gives me credits. DONT SKIP MY POSTS!

Last edited:
Level 2
Import 4 .tga files into your map and remove the "war3mapImported\" at the beginning of their path. Import LoadingScreen.mdx. Then, in World Editor, select Scenario\Map Loading Screen and set the radio button (standard screen/campaign/imported file) to imported file, and in the popup menu, select war3mapImported\LoadingScreen.mdx. I don't know exactly why we need to divide the picture into 4 pieces, but I think it is because the textures cannot be more than 512x512 pixels.

If it is not what you wanted, say me, and I will edit.

If you also want a preview picture, you must tell me what do you want to be written on it.

LoadingScreenBL.tga
LoadingScreenTL.tga
LoadingScreenBR.tga
LoadingScreenTR.tga

LoadingScreen.mdx

Status
Not open for further replies.