• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello, i am making a third person rpg arrow movement map, and i was wondering, is it possible to create a floating text named the players acc name over each hero with each player name? You know, like in WoW. I would realy appreciate help! Of course i will give rep and credits!

-Moosenoir :wink:
________
Buy e cigs

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello, i am making a third person rpg arrow movement map, and i was wondering, is it possible to create a floating text named the players acc name over each hero with each player name? You know, like in WoW. I would realy appreciate help! Of course i will give rep and credits!

-Moosenoir :wink:

This should work:
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (Name of (Owner of (Picked unit))) above (Picked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 0.50 seconds
The periodic time may need to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.