• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help Changing Attack Art In-game + Hero Ability Triggered (GUI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
First off, I am a noob at GUI.

Ok, so I wanted to make this ability where when learned, the unit acquires an aura that is very much like Trueshot Aura (for learned unit only). I have that part down. It was pretty simple and didn't need any triggering.

The thing is, I would also like for the attack art of the learned unit to change upon learning that spell. Of course, this would only affect the attack art of the learned unit.

So, I tried to use GUI to trigger this affect using a dummy and dummy spell. I made a dummy unit (none.mdl, shadow image none, minimap display hidden, etc. -- if this is significant part of the problem, I can elaborate later). I also made a dummy spell. For this particular case, I wanted my new attack art to be chain lightning.

This is what I have so far for the trigger. The hero learns an ability called Thunderous Hammer, which is the trueshot aura. The Chain Lightning (TH) is the dummy spell I created so that whenever the hero learns Thunderous Hammer, his attack animation would change into a chain lightning animation.

Chain Lightning (TH) has a cast range of 1500, cost 0 mana (everything else is pretty much the same) and is added to the dummy unit so it can cast it on the target being attacked by the hero.

The trigger below is not producing the results I want. Can anyone help?

• TH Attack Change
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Thunderous Hammer
          • (Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(attack))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Chain Lightning (TH) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Chain Lightning (TH) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Thunderous Hammer for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Attacked unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.