• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help and/or feedback on my first skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I decided to try out skinning when I got PS7.0, so of course...I made this. The only parts that are recolor are the: Hood, Hands, Arms, Mouth. Everything else was redrawn, some using the stamp tool, but I would smudge it together and redraw it anyway. This is supposed to be a Chaos/Fel Orc Shaman:

kenak_ChaosShaman.jpg

First I request feedback on the skin :D I know it's not great and still has room to improve, which is why I'm posting it here (and not in the DL section like half of the other people out there).

The second problem is for some reason, when the skin goes over the model, it doesn't look like the shaman model. It's missing it's ears and every part that has team color turns completely 1 shade of that color:

kenak_ShamanPics.jpg

As you can see, the team colors are screwd up and the model does not look as it should.

Any help and/or feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Level 3
I'm not sure what you mean exactly?

I used Photoshop 7.0, and downloaded Warcraft 3 Image Extractor II to get the skins and convert them from .blp to .tga, and vice versa. I downloaded WC3IE2 from the Tools section of this website, and I own Photoshop 7.0, but you can download Photoshop CS2 at the Adobe website.

No comments on how to fix the skin?

Level 3
I updated the skin and made it lighter. I also redid the Wolf Mask so it's not freehand instead of recolor. I also redid the cloak and fixed some other parts (as well as fixing the ears). Alpha channels are still screwd up:

Skin in Photoshop
kenak_ShamanSkin.jpg

Skin on the Model
kenak_ShamanWrap.jpg

Ignoring how the Alpha channels are screwd up, any suggestions on the skin?[/b]

Level 13
The update are lil bit blurry, try to add burn and dodge toll, also a lil bit smudge with less strength. The skin color doesn't look like a red on fel orc, compare the reds, they are totally different.

Anyway you should freehand the hood, since it the main parts of the model and it showed up on the portrait.

Level 3
Haha, I made a typo. I meant to say the Wolf Mask is now freehand, not w/e I said before. The first version of the skin did not have a freehand hood, but now it does.

I will fix the blurriness of the skin, and I will change the color from the red/maroon color to a more orange/orange-red color.

Level 3
Yes, I did smudge together the mask, but then I used the dodge/burn tool to make it look more like hair/fur. If I left it smudged it would look like a silver/white mask without any "texture". I do not see the reason to completely white out the mask and then redraw it when the desired effect can be made by smudeging it together then making fur. In fact, I did the same thing for the shoulders and other parts. It's just the style of the skin I chose to do...

And I didn't use any filers, I think it's stupid to filter a skin and then claim it as your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.