1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need help and/or feedback on my first skin.

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by Apathetic Irony, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Apathetic Irony

Apathetic Irony

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I decided to try out skinning when I got PS7.0, so of course...I made this. The only parts that are recolor are the: Hood, Hands, Arms, Mouth. Everything else was redrawn, some using the stamp tool, but I would smudge it together and redraw it anyway. This is supposed to be a Chaos/Fel Orc Shaman:

[​IMG]

First I request feedback on the skin :D I know it's not great and still has room to improve, which is why I'm posting it here (and not in the DL section like half of the other people out there).

The second problem is for some reason, when the skin goes over the model, it doesn't look like the shaman model. It's missing it's ears and every part that has team color turns completely 1 shade of that color:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the team colors are screwd up and the model does not look as it should.

Any help and/or feedback will be greatly appreciated!

2. GreatCustomMapMaker

GreatCustomMapMaker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    they look cool. what things did u download and where did u download the thins to make the skins? Then i could prob figure it out?

3. Apathetic Irony

Apathetic Irony

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly?

I used Photoshop 7.0, and downloaded Warcraft 3 Image Extractor II to get the skins and convert them from .blp to .tga, and vice versa. I downloaded WC3IE2 from the Tools section of this website, and I own Photoshop 7.0, but you can download Photoshop CS2 at the Adobe website.

No comments on how to fix the skin?

4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well the skin looks really cool, but I think that you have made a very dark red. Their skin shouldnt be so hard.
    And for the bugg, I have no idea what it is sorry.

-Rui

5. eXciTe

eXciTe

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hmm .. its kind off dark , try to improve the highlights...

6. Apathetic Irony

Apathetic Irony

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I updated the skin and made it lighter. I also redid the Wolf Mask so it's not freehand instead of recolor. I also redid the cloak and fixed some other parts (as well as fixing the ears). Alpha channels are still screwd up:

Skin in Photoshop
    [​IMG]

Skin on the Model
    [​IMG]

Ignoring how the Alpha channels are screwd up, any suggestions on the skin?[/b]

7. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The update are lil bit blurry, try to add burn and dodge toll, also a lil bit smudge with less strength. The skin color doesn't look like a red on fel orc, compare the reds, they are totally different.

Anyway you should freehand the hood, since it the main parts of the model and it showed up on the portrait.

8. Apathetic Irony

Apathetic Irony

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Haha, I made a typo. I meant to say the Wolf Mask is now freehand, not w/e I said before. The first version of the skin did not have a freehand hood, but now it does.

I will fix the blurriness of the skin, and I will change the color from the red/maroon color to a more orange/orange-red color.

9. iplaystarcraft

iplaystarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    sux....

j/k it's pretty cool.

10. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It still doesn't look like a freehand, you just smudge the older version or use some blur filter. I mean by freehand, you re-draw it from blank.

Anyway, yeah it looks blurry, repair most part of his clothes.

11. Apathetic Irony

Apathetic Irony

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I did smudge together the mask, but then I used the dodge/burn tool to make it look more like hair/fur. If I left it smudged it would look like a silver/white mask without any "texture". I do not see the reason to completely white out the mask and then redraw it when the desired effect can be made by smudeging it together then making fur. In fact, I did the same thing for the shoulders and other parts. It's just the style of the skin I chose to do...

And I didn't use any filers, I think it's stupid to filter a skin and then claim it as your own.

12. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    try to use less pure black, it really screws up coherentcy.