• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Grape Shot model (a lot, like fan of knives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I'm working on Naval Battle and I need this as the latest weapon in my anti crew arsenal. Fan of knives is already used, and I tried to search for grapshot models, but it doesn't exist. So can someone be kind enough to make such model. I don't bother if it behaves like fan of knives or based on fan of knives, but as long it look like a lot of grap shots. I'm too unskilled to make such model myself, so if anyone would be kind enough to make that (also removed the fan of knives sound too when it hits something)

You get rep+ and credits in my map if you can fulfill my request.

sry I can't provide with screenshots, but I want them to look like multiple mini cannon balls in same model.

Level 17
cwr229-grape-s.jpg

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I'm working on Naval Battle and I need this as the latest weapon in my anti crew arsenal. Fan of knives is already used, and I tried to search for grapshot models, but it doesn't exist. So can someone be kind enough to make such model. I don't bother if it behaves like fan of knives or based on fan of knives, but as long it look like a lot of grap shots. I'm too unskilled to make such model myself, so if anyone would be kind enough to make that (also removed the fan of knives sound too when it hits something)

Huurka, no that that image of grapeshot!! My request (I was gone whole day...) Color doesn't matter so much...

Thread Title said:
Need Grape Shot model (a lot, like fan of knives)

Sry perhaps I was a bit unclear, I don't want a single ball in the same model, but multiple cannon balls in the same model.

1 Single ball isn't sufficient. Need 7-9 in the same model!

Anywhere here's thumbnail:

Attachments

• Grapeshot.JPG
    Grapeshot.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 939

TKF

TKF

Level 19
FF7 project-G misunderstood my request.

Well I only need a simple multiple grapeshot in same model. I don't care if you base it off fan of knives animation, as long it looks like a lot of small balls. It cannot be that hard. Ingame texture preferred.

attachment.php

ps: the pic is made in windows paint, it's just I can't make it in a model editor.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Blah, it seems like I somehow must makes this shit myself even if I don't know how cuz I get huge filesize :/

Anyway here's the ingame texture paths for a grey mini cannon ball like grapshot and I prefer not the explosion effect if possible.

abilities\Weapons\BoatMissile\Dust2b.blp
Textures\Clouds8x8.blp
Textures\Clouds8x8Fade.blp
Textures\GenericGlow.blp
Textures\Roman.blp
Textures\Roman1.blp

You don't need to make it from scratch. You can edit this model!

Attachments

• FanOfKnivesMissile.mdx
    16.8 KB · Views: 118

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Made this version....

Use it if you like

Note: The size is smaller then what it says.

Btw: If I understand you correct this is what you wanted, atleast if it is to be used in Naval Battle as a replacement to Fan of Knives.
I'm using fan of knives in a different weapon, I need 1 additional model. But as long it doesn't replace fanofknives texture ingame, it doesn't matter. I pick the best one.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I've picked a winner:
Bloody_Turds grapeshot model.

Reasons: Cuz it's the only directional grapeshot model which is going in one direction. I would have appreciated a minor effect on the balls like in Red_Barons.

sry red_baron for not picking yours. It has been better if it was directional, then I would have picked yours. But since it's a spread that goes 3 different directions, it's useless to me.

_____

I haven't thought about the icon. Well it seems I have to stick with dark portal icon for now.

Level 35
I've picked a winner:
Bloody_Turds grapeshot model.

Reasons: Cuz it's the only directional grapeshot model which is going in one direction. I would have appreciated a minor effect on the balls like in Red_Barons.

sry red_baron for not picking yours. It has been better if it was directional, then I would have picked yours. But since it's a spread that goes 3 different directions, it's useless to me.

_____

I haven't thought about the icon. Well it seems I have to stick with dark portal icon for now.

No problem... although I might tell you that the one you picked is meant to be used in fan of knives as an extra... and if you would like the minor effect I added... what about just using oinkwinklers tool to delete the balls going in the wrong direction?
Well thats what you get for just doing exatly what you said in your first post, and not noticing the model you uploaded to work on after, btw you could just have said you wanted shockwave with canon balls... everyone would have understood that :wink:

Anyway tell If you want me to make you that icon :grin:

btw: I am uploading the model to hive, I spent a good bit of time on it. So if you ever need it just get it there

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I thought I did put a screenshot on first post, but I must delete the whole thread to allow to put a attachment cuz it's partially bugged. I did manage put a pic some posts futher down. I don't know why attachent won't work when I edit my posts again.

33100d1215972725-need-grape-shot-model-lot-like-fan-knives-grapeshot.jpg

This attachment is supposed to be on the first post.

Anyway you're welcome to make an icon if you want to.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I was 2 min away from finishing my latest version. Just in time!

It will do for now. Rep+ for you and Bloody Turds

_____

Edit_

It make take a while for my map update. My editor suddenly crashed for no reasons, so I must start over again with all the bugfixes.

Level 35
I was 2 min away from finishing my latest version. Just in time!

It will do for now. Rep+ for you and Bloody Turds

_____

Edit_

It make take a while for my map update. My editor suddenly crashed for no reasons, so I must start over again with all the bugfixes.

Okay then I just got time to give you the disabled version also... As you propably need it :wink:

Really looking forward to your map (And do tell If you need any changes to this icon or have a reguest)

Attachments

• CanonShowerDisabled.jpg
    CanonShowerDisabled.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 44
  • CanonShowerDisabled.blp
    6 KB · Views: 44

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Hehe

btw:
Was your map once named Naval Combat? (I might be mistaken)

And are you in that mapcreator group called CBS

If yes then you map is actualy my favorite map on b-net. :eekani:
Nope, this is Naval Combat, and this is Naval Battle There's some differences in those maps. And no I'm in no mapper clan. However Naval Combat it's kinda BS with autofire i think, but not sure. In Naval Battle you must fire from Portsides and Starboard sides of your ship.

But I got what I need now. Grappleshot model + icon :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.