• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need: Custom Web Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi folks!
I'm desperate need of a custom made web ability for one of my towers in my TD.
It should have the following features:
-autocast
-MUI
-targets flying units only
-supporting multiple levels with different cooldowns and effect times
-casting doesn't interrupt targeted creep's last given orders (thus pause function)
-crow form changing flying height upon begin and end of ability
-adds and removes a buff and makes targeted unit a ground unit in addition to its other types while under the effect

So in a short conclusion: the fiend's Web ability, only that units in the web don't attack and when released, follow their original orders again without having to re-issue those (or at least saving original orders and loading them from hash or seomthing similar).

My own attempts at making this ability bugged too often, so that I cannot see any chance of fixing them :(

Thanks in advance for all willing to help.
Of course credits and +rep for a helping hand.

Level 5
This is the current state of my td.
You find the triggers for the spider web ability in the undead section of the trigger code.
I've tried with multiple ways so far, none working as intended.
Best results were with the channel based spider web dummy so far (did almost what it should; hadn't added crow form at that point), but wasn't able to autocast. Then I've tried an autocast version which messed things up badly. Last try was using the autocast to trigger the channel based version, but somehow the unit type ground isn't added still :S

Ty for helping in advance :)

Attachments

• Ziggurat TD0.3b.w3x
    282.8 KB · Views: 34
Level 29
I tested your map and there are no creeps attacking my zigurat...I want to know where is the movement came FROM and TO, meaning do they have special locations to move first like going around first before it reached your zigurrat?...Give me directions of the creep's movements...

Second, Web ability just target AIR units so you dont need to worry about that...

Level 5
The one creeps that is on the map currently is for test issues.. use the builder's unstuck ability to make it behave like a lane creep.
apart from that, I've used regions to make creeps attack the ziggurats or move to them. it can be found in the creep spawning folder in the trigger editor.
The creeps use warcrafts autopathing to make their way to your ziggurat -> means: free mazing as well as some bugs with that autopathing I cannot do anything against.
If you want creeps to spawn earlier, simply type -rdy
Makes the first building phase end immidiatly.
As for creep spawning and such: simply in the middle at the portals towards the ziggurats :)

What I don't get is what you want me to say with "Second, Web ability just target AIR units so you dont need to worry about that..." ?
When I use the normal web ability form warcraft, creeps attack while webbed (just adding a *pause unit* didn't work..). I want them simply to be sitting ther webbed and wait for their end or again moving where they belong to ;)

Level 29
You Said...
-targets flying units only

That's why I said...
Second, Web ability just target AIR units so you dont need to worry about that...

Anyway, I have created a sample map for you, test it if that's what you
want...I simply add the creeps to GROUPS, even though they have been
webbed, after that, they still remember their order...

Last edited:
Level 5
Unfortunately, your test map does not at all what I want.
You've removed the creep's ability to attack, which I cannot use for my TD -> sense is that creeps try to destroy the ziggurat (or buildings in their way when blocked).
What I want is that creeps that are under the effect of web won't attack nearby units during that effect and regain their original orders afterwards.

Adding creeps to groups ain't no problem and forcing them around any path wouldn't be of any deal if intended.
Still thanks for trying so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.