• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need better movement for units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Seas =)

I have a question. I create a Tower Wars Map. In this map you are able to summon creeps, that runs through the area of enemies to steal a life.

But know, if I summon mass units, they get stuck - the stand at one position or walk in a circle around other units - what ever.

Can someone help me with this - it should be that they walk without any problems. ( Collision Size = 0 <- it's a bad idea because then they can move through the towers ... ^^)

Level 6
Decrease the amount of units and/or set a limit.

You might want to read this:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108022

Rising_Dusk @Wc3c said:
You need to understand the nature of the bug to understand the nature of how not to induce it. The problem arises from WC3's internal pathing checks. You can have 100 units ordered by the same player without problem if the pathing for their orders is incredibly simple. (Such as straight lines only and no having to check around each other) However, 40 units can cause this bug to occur if the pathing that they're following is incredibly complex.

The only solution is to split up ownership of the units, as EF said. Your code will do nothing to help.

Last edited:
Level 16
Seas =)

Look at the test map - if you play it you will see what my problem is about the movement.

Note 1) I left this collision size at 31 - I changed it at my map to 1 but still those problems because:

Note 2) I got fly unit, attacking units, fast units, slow units and so on.

Attachments

• Here.w3m
    16.2 KB · Views: 63
Level 16
Seas =)

Ok that's true - but I thought - maybe there is a way to set the collision size to 0 - but avoid that the unit walk through the towers or something like that =S

I tried to make something that if a unit ( with conditions ) comes to close to an tower do this and this ... but this <censored>

Level 11
Here's the solution for you, i haven't tested it so i'm not 100% sure of that it would work.
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters YOUR REGION
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to YOUR UNIT(S)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (YOU'R REGION/POINT)
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves YOUR REGION
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to YOUR UNIT(S)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) On

Level 6
maybe your entry region is a little bit small and cannot accomodate huge number of units? thats why they did not trigger the Event - A unit entered region. well that is if I understood it right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.