• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Answers ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am new here and even before I joined this forum I was already working on a map and now I'm planning to upload it but I noticed with the other maps here is that there are always CREDITS...is it okay to upload a map w/out that ?? since most of my imported models were only extracted from other maps a long time ago ...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I used to extract stuff off maps too so I could delete them. We like to see credits given so you may want to use the Map Development forum: people might recognize a few of the resources you're using and point you in the right direction.

Level 6
I used to extract stuff off maps too so I could delete them. We like to see credits given so you may want to use the Map Development forum: people might recognize a few of the resources you're using and point you in the right direction.
I'm not deleting stuff I extracted from other maps..I'm only using them in my own map ..and I extracted those stuff from maps like DotA, and other maps I found while surfing google ..

Level 6
Make a thread about your map in the Map Development. Ask everyone to check out your models and see if they remember where are the models from. Search Hive's model database and see if you can find some of your models there. If you credit at least half of your resources, I suppose it will be acceptable.
thanks mate..I'll do that as soon as I get home..I'm currently at school right now and I don't have my laptop with me...BTW do I need to post the unprotected map or not ???

It's up to you will you posted unprotected or protected map.
In both cases I will need to open it in WE before moderation.
The problem is that I won't be able to show you errors and give you suggestions in public if you protected your map, especially when we speak about code or any other WE only stuff.

You don't need to post the unprotected map in the Map development thread when asking for model creators though.
You can export all the imports and upload those in a compressed zip file.

And by the way, if you took the Arcane boots Icon from DotA, I scoured the internet to find the creator and couldn't come up with anyone, so just give credits to IceFrog's team.

Level 6
but what about this ...there were some icons I extracted and there are some cases where I see those icons here in THW or in other maps but they happen to have different file names.. .what do I do about that ?..

sorry bout my english , it's not my first language ..

Status
Not open for further replies.