• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a theme for my new map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all, first time writing in this forum, I've been a fan since golden wc3 days. I need to ask for some ideas.

Can't remember when I started the map but it was around 5 years ago that I decided to bring Stormwind to the wc3 editor. I literally build the city tabbing in and out from WoW in order to create an """exact""" copy of it. It is taking so long because it is very hard and difficult to coordinate every buildings in order to not making any mistake of position and to be honest I like the work I did since then. I also take very long breaks of months because sometimes I just don't want to do it and I get bored at thinking it will take too long to end it.

After all these years I managed to build the trade district, the cathedral square and the stormwind harbor, but I have to say that everything is still in a prepreprealpha state, since everytime I end a location I always think at how I could rebuild it better. I guess my next step is going to be the mage quarter because I want to leave the east part of the city for the end.

Anyway, I need some ideas about what will be the theme of the map. I ask it in before even reaching the mid way to the end of this project because I thought that a particular theme would require the map to be done in a certain way so I prefer to listen what you would like to play in a map where you walk through Stormwind.

I have to say that I chosed the biggest size for the map and it took me the whole height to build from the lowest part of the map (there is very little space between the endmap and the entrance gate of the city) to the highest part of the city (I managed to end the harbor exactly at the very end of the map).

So my question is simple, what would you like to play in Stormwind? (altered melee, rpg, etc, or even an invasion scenario)

Sorry for the bad english.

Level 21
City only i would go for something like a detective game, riddles and all that (single- or multiplayer, but mp might be harder to achieve)

You can mix in some creative alterations, like slums for other races or temporary visitor cards for orcs, goblins etc.
The campaign "The Last Guardian" features a chapter in Stormwind, which could serve as inspiration.

Or Stormwind defense, like hero/tower/base defense against whatever menace.

Level 19
I think it would depend on your story or whatever you want to offer to us.

I mostly prefer RPG types of games, but there are people who prefer strategy as well. A combination of these both would be good too. But if there is a detailed city made by hand, I would like to walk around and find stuff. Secret items, small local scenarios, side quests, interesting dialogues, maybe interacting with some of the items in the city as well. Don't let the city go to waste if you're gonna build it very detailed and thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.