• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Need a lil help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1.hey guys do you know y my creaps when i try and hit them my hero allways misses... it is the goust undead creap and the lumber unded creap...

2. how can i make a shop that when you buy a item you get an ability insted of the item.

Level 29
  • Unknown
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Your_Item
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Sold Item)
          • Unit - Add Some_Ability to (Buying unit)
        • Else - Actions

Level 4
  • Unknown
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Your_Item
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Sold Item)
          • Unit - Add Some_Ability to (Buying unit)
        • Else - Actions

how can i make a book that will erase the abilities?

Level 4
but that would erase only one ability i want it to erase all abilities at once not just one

Level 6

You could make a trigger that removes all skills used in your map. It could be kinda many, but.. that's mapmaking xD

ex:
  • Remove Ablities
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Remove Skills
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Aimed Shot from (Buying unit)
          • Unit - Remove Die from (Buying unit)
          • Unit - Remove Hide from (Buying unit)
          • Unit - Remove Jump..? from (Buying unit)
          • Unit - Remove Volley from (Buying unit)
        • Else - Actions

Level 6
and.. you could make many triggers for it (so it won't lag when u open the trigger in trigger editor. just make a
  • Trigger - Run Remove Skills2 <gen> (checking conditions)
after the first grp of skills and so on..

Level 4
i wantto make a magic that sand surrounds the targeted unit and squizes him doing 2 times the casters int.

Level 29
  • Unknown
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your_Skill
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set Special_Effect = (Last created special effect)
      • Animation - Change (Target unit of ability being cast)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%) of its original size
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • For each (Integer A) from 6 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Target unit of ability being cast)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00)%) of its original size
      • Special Effect - Destroy Special_Effect

This spell will do:

• Make a effect (find a effect by yourself).
• "Smash" the unit to 50% of its height.
• Deal the unit damage.
• Make the unit "grow" back to its normal height.

Warning the spell above is NOT MUI (Multi Instance).

[Offtopic] Finaly found the code for "•" ^^

Level 9
Multi Instance means that spell works for all players, that will be playing the map... (i may be wrong, dont know the exact meaning xD)
And GhostWolf, why youre saying, that your spell is not MUI, there are no wait-actions or refering to other triggers, its simple instant-cast spell that cant collide if runned many times for different players... :|

@Up
Arh, you were faster than me... Anyway, there is an incredibly small chance, that 2 or more players will cast that ability at the same time. Something like 1:1000.

Level 4
they have a sand thing on the war3 editor but it does not surround it just flowts around.

Level 6
Multi Instance means that spell works for all players, that will be playing the map... (i may be wrong, dont know the exact meaning xD)
And GhostWolf, why youre saying, that your spell is not MUI, there are no wait-actions or refering to other triggers, its simple instant-cast spell that cant collide if runned many times for different players... :|

@Up
Arh, you were faster than me... Anyway, there is an incredibly small chance, that 2 or more players will cast that ability at the same time. Something like 1:1000.

Well, u'll get +rep anyways :) (i think i know how to make MUI out of spell triggers with w8 in, but i'm not rly sure.. gonna test it.)

[EDIT]: After i've made a trigger spell 4 Xris

Level 4
  • Unknown
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your_Skill
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set Special_Effect = (Last created special effect)
      • Animation - Change (Target unit of ability being cast)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%) of its original size
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Target unit of ability being cast)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00)%) of its original size
      • Special Effect - Destroy Special_Effect

This spell will do:

• Make a effect (find a effect by yourself).
• "Smash" the unit to 50% of its height.
• Deal the unit damage.
• Make the unit "grow" back to its normal height.

Warning the spell above is NOT MUI (Multi Instance).

[Offtopic] Finaly found the code for "•" ^^

can't find this line....
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 6
I think this spell works:
  • Freeze Enemys
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to FrozenSpell_Dummy
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with size (125.00, 125.00))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add Slow to (Picked unit)
      • Wait 1.20 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
The FrozenSpell_Dummy (unit) & the Freeze Enemys (spells) are used :)

[EDIT]: Ah.. yeah lol XD you're right :) changing now
[EDIT2]: Done

Attachments

• Testing triggers.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 43
Level 4
Ghost Wolf that does like 500 dmg right? how can i make it int of hero times 2 to be the dmg??

Level 6
Does this work? -.-

• Another 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Freeze Enemys
    • Actions
      • Set Special_Effect[(Spec_Effect_Int + 1)] = (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Loop - Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy Special_Effect[Spec_Effect_Int]
      • Set Spec_Effect_Int = (Spec_Effect_Int + 1)
Variables: Special Effect=special effect array 8192 (this means that the spell can be used 8192 times, if it works :) ) (>.<) Spec_Effect_Int = Integer

BTW, i added that the dmg is the double of the hero's int.

Last edited:
Level 29
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Sorry forgot you wanted based on Int.

• Instead of 500 put it on Arithmetic
• On the first one go to "Conversation - Convert Integer to Real".
• Find "Hero - Hero Attribute".
• And on the second do x2 :)

[Offtopic] humpadumpa now you've made it ! lol I thought on it for some time before like 2 weeks on "how to make a index that will update itself automaticly to +1" for exacly the same reason but didn't think of using another variable inside it :)

Level 6
[Offtopic] humpadumpa now you've made it ! lol I thought on it for some time before like 2 weeks on "how to make a index that will update itself automaticly to +1" for exacly the same reason but didn't think of using another variable inside it :)

nice :D i got the idea long ago, but i were too lazy to test it :xxd:

Level 4
Does this work? -.-

• Another 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Freeze Enemys
    • Actions
      • Set Special_Effect[(Spec_Effect_Int + 1)] = (Last created special effect)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Target unit of ability being cast)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, ((Real((Integer A))) + 10.00)%) of its original size
      • Special Effect - Destroy Special_Effect[Spec_Effect_Int]
      • Set Spec_Effect_Int = (Spec_Effect_Int + 1)
Variables: Special Effect=special effect array 8192 (this means that the spell can be used 8192 times, if it works :) ) (>.<) Spec_Effect_Int = Integer

BTW, i added that the dmg is the double of the hero's int.

how the fuck do you do this!! T_T
Set Special_Effect[(Spec_Effect_Int + 1)] = (Last created special effect)

Level 6
Its 2 diffrent integars, one harrayed and one not.

And I just noticed that the loop has Integer[A]+10 , change that to Integer[A]x10.

ah, yeh :p changing now

And.. Variables, not integers. they're not both integers. one's integer and the other one's a special effect array

Level 4
how can i make a spell that you get barryed in the ground, no one sees you at that time exept you.... (like wind walk) and if you hit a unit it goes under ground and you appear up again the unit you hit gets 15 second stun and after that it goes back to normal up from the ground. (you can hit the unit witch is under the ground.)

[Edit] like this... http://youtube.com/watch?v=CDTvxTw9GYc&feature=related

[Edit2] and is any one eble to make somehting like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJrogYo7IjY

Last edited:
Level 9
U mean windwalk, that makes the unit attacked while breaking the stealth go underground and be stunned?

EDIT:

• Windwalk-stun-burrow
    • Events
      • Unit - Unit is target of attack. (or something like that)
    • Conditions
      • (Attacking unit) have buff ([Windwalk buff])
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Burrow to (Attacked Unit)
      • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Undead - Crypt Fiend - Burrow (is this correct path?)
      • Unit - Pause (Attacked unit).
      • Set W-S-B_Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacked unit)))] = (Attacked unit)
      • Wait some seconds.
      • For each (Integer A) do (Unit - Unpause W-S-B_Unit[(Integer A)]
      • For each (Integer A) do (Unit - Order W-S-B_Unit[(Integer A)] to Undead - Crypt Fiend - Burrow

Dont know if this will work, its midnight in my coutry, im tired... xD

Last edited:
Level 4
U mean windwalk, that makes the unit attacked while breaking the stealth go underground and be stunned?

no. like you click the ability and your hero appears to be underground like the model goes under ground... and if you hit a unit it 's model goes under ground with a bit stun that lasts 15 sec and aftr the 15 sec it goes to normal.

Level 4

EDIT:

• Windwalk-stun-burrow
    • Events
      • Unit - Unit is target of attack. (or something like that)
    • Conditions
      • (Attacking unit) have buff ([Windwalk buff])
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Burrow to (Attacked Unit)
      • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Undead - Crypt Fiend - Burrow (is this correct path?)
      • Unit - Pause (Attacked unit).
      • Set W-S-B_Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacked unit)))] = (Attacked unit)
      • Wait some seconds.
      • For each (Integer A) do (Unit - Unpause W-S-B_Unit[(Integer A)]
      • For each (Integer A) do (Unit - Order W-S-B_Unit[(Integer A)] to Undead - Crypt Fiend - Burrow

Dont know if this will work, its midnight in my coutry, im tired... xD

tx for trying to help but i do not think you can do it ^_^"

Level 6
hey, i think i can do it :D posting soon, if i can.

[EDIT]: nop.. didn't find a way, but it should be possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.