• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a lil help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Does anyone have an idea of how to make this kind of spell/ability:

Whenever a specific unit is attack he will gain x mana.

or the other way

Whenever a specific unit attacks he will gain x mana.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Don't know how to use JASS yet though, but if that's what it takes, then I'll learn.

Thanks

Level 7
You don't need JASS to do that because it is fairly simple. The World Editor is not available to me right now but I'll try my best.

(Gains mana when attacked)

Event:
-(Specific Unit) is attacked
Condition:
None
Action:
-Set mana for (specific unit) to (specific unit's mana) + (the amount you want gained)

(Gains mana when he attacks)

Event:
-A unit is attacked
Condition:
-(Attacking unit) equal to (specific unit)
Action:
-Set mana for (attacking unit) to (attacking unit's mana) + (the amount you want gained)

I will look in the World Editor later and if that is incorrect I will post again right away.

Level 7
I forgot about the ability part, lol.

Make a custom ability based off of the Devotion Aura ability. Set the armor bonus to zero and the name and tooltip for whatever you want and the buff of the aura (the blue cross that points outward of the Hero) to whatever you want for the "Mana Gain" ability. Or you could make it nothing, it's your ability.

Give that to the Hero and pretend it's called "Mana Gain". Add those triggers in the trigger editor that I put in my last post. And there you go. If you want "Mana Gain" to have multiple levels then post again.

Level 1
Yeah I just figured out how to make the Unit - Set mana of (triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering Unit)) + whatever)) action. Funny thing though, I had to figure out how it worked through JASS before I saw how simple it actually was.

Thanks alot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.