• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Making a rpg multiplayer game and i need just one class. Preferably a caster class. Do not post anything that are based of WoW classes or would be like the following (you can tell what they would be like just from the names) :
Shapeshifter, Sorcerer, Barbarian, Hunter, Timewarper, Thief, Warlock, Cleric, Summoner, Spellbreaker, Speedfreak, Engineer, Paladin.

Level 9
That's quite the restriction you've put out.

Would an elementalist satisfy your request? (No, and he's not like a shammy; he can't really heal, and he doesn't drop totems. He can't melee.) He calls upon the fury of the elements to blow shit up.

Level 11
I can name alot of casters in the back of my hand so here are exemples,

Pyromancer (already sayed but to refresh your mind)
Divinebringer (Holy power spells)
Astromancer (calls upon the power of the stars)
(Note that anything ending with the suffix -mancer is basicly a caster so you can invent one up easy.)

Techpriest (sounds wierd yes I know, but he casts a otherworld powers to form machines at his will.)

Naturecaller (the name says it all)

Frostmancer (Freeze there asses)

Necromancer (hmm to ''classic'' but hey these are examples)

Psyker (Physic powers/Force powers lol)

Level 3
Nice ideas but some of them are already in use:
Elementalist... well ok that's a new one;
Pyromancer is like Sorcerer except sorcerer has fire and ice instead of just fire;
Necromancer this is just don't want because 1. They have kill something to use their body to summon skeletons and whatnot 2. If i don't give that kind of spells to him he is too much like warlock (yea i pretty much ripped that off WoW myself).
Divinebringer is Cleric... and no it's not ripped off WoW because the WoW cleric doesn't wear plate.
Astromancer would be new.
Techpriest would also be new.
Naturecaller would be new.
Frostmancer is sorcerer only with just frost.
Psyker would be new.
Fel mage would be new.

Level 3
Cryomancer is like Sorcerer,
Spectromancer is like Summoner,
Aeromancer is new,
Hydromancer would be illogical cause there is barely any water in the map,
Geromancer is new,
Vigormancer is like Timewarper,
Evocationer is Spellbreaker,
Healer is Cleric,
Cultist... well depends on what kind of spells he has. Pretty much Warlock, Summoner or Necromancer.

I think I'm gonna use Elementalist. Mind specifying what kind of spells he has Angry Bovine?

Last edited:
Level 9
I think I'm gonna use Elementalist. Mind specifying what kind of spells he has Angry Bovine?

Sure. Just use appropriate numbers for each ability. I'll assume you want 5 abilities, 4 basic and 1 ultimate. If you want to change any of them, feel free.

Storm Surge [High Mana] - Deals X initial damage to the target, then causes him to explode in lightning, shooting out Y (I would pick 3, or increasing depending on ability level) chain lightnings with the main target as the unit.

Gift of Slates
[Passive] - Grants the Elementalist protection in the form of thick rock armor. Reduces damage taken by all physical and spell damage by X% (a low number would be good), while increasing physical damage dealt by 2X%.

Magma Blast [On Cooldown] - Blasts the enemies around the Elementalist with molten wrath, causing them to be set on fire and take X damage. While on fire, they take another Y damage over 4 seconds and run around disorientated and slowed. (For the last part, remove control of the character, and make it walk back and forth while under the effect of an ability like slow/thunderclap.)

Sonic Burst [Low Mana] - A burst of wind steals the breath of an enemy, causing Y damage (which should be low, the damage is not the primary motive for this spell). If the target wasn't casting an ability, he is silenced for X seconds. If the target was casting an ability, he is silenced for X seconds and stunned for 2X. (X should be a reasonably low number, 2-3 range is good. Anything higher starts getting insane, and you'll want to keep the stunned number just higher than the silence. I assume that some spells have cast time with this ability.)

Elemental Fury [Ultimate] - Granting the powers of the elements upon the caster, the Elementalist, increasing his movement speed and attack speed immensely (amount is up to you, should be relatively high because of the short duration) for 5 seconds. After this effect expires, he splits into 4 primal elementals: Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. (Like the pandaren's ultimate, to an extent.) Each one of these elements has a more powerful version of the elementalist's abilities, with the correct associated type.

This was a quick jot down of whatever came to mind. I'll think of more if it's needed.

Level 3
Cool thanks :grin:
Got any idea what race i should use? (not just the Undead, Night Elf, Human and Orc. Choices are Night elf, Blood elf, Human, Undead, Troll, Tauren, Orc. I'd prefer if it wasn't Troll or Tauren because there are no Tauren female models and there was only one female Troll and it's already in use)

And yes it's Planeswalker.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hehe you got a point. Still I'd want my characters to be more human... ish... er... never mind :hohum:.
Anyway I never quite liked gnolls after Hogger killed me in WoW :xxd:

Level 9
Cool thanks :grin:
Got any idea what race i should use? (not just the Undead, Night Elf, Human and Orc. Choices are Night elf, Blood elf, Human, Undead, Troll, Tauren, Orc. I'd prefer if it wasn't Troll or Tauren because there are no Tauren female models and there was only one female Troll and it's already in use)

If not Tauren or Troll, it'd make the most sense from highest order to lowest as Human, Orc, Blood Elf. I don't think a Night Elf or Undead could have the capability to train as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.