• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen

Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen by darky 27 - full aurthor's version
Contents

Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen (Campaign)

Reviews
09:02, 8th Jul 2008 Rui: Since I have received no answer from the submitter, this version is rejected. 08:41, 1st Aug 2008 Rui: I have approved this version for people looking for the Spiderqueen. This was submitted by someone else though, and it...

M

09:02, 8th Jul 2008
Rui:
Since I have received no answer from the submitter, this version is rejected.

08:41, 1st Aug 2008
Rui:
I have approved this version for people looking for the Spiderqueen. This was submitted by someone else though, and it may not be the original campaign.
If you find anything weird, please send me a private message.

This version may be deleted at anytime.

18:06, 4th Aug 2008
Rui:
I have received confirmation that this campaign is the original author's version. You may now ignore the deletion warnings.

Level 3
HEY! I first loaded the campaign also put your model METAMORPHUS and the SPIDER BASE from ROTD along with the music, that's EDIT, if it could erased your campaign I loaded mine and do not touch the models or maps, with your uploaded yours so that which has MODEL EDITOR remove these models and you bring all your glory THAT IS ILLEGAL can not go changing campaigns well, if you put these models and those Skins you do not have to do that.

Level 2
I have a very hard difficulty inderstanding your post Demon_boy.

What i know is this campaign was made by Darky. I did play the real campaign long ago and didnt play this one yet.

Level 10
errh... how many "Chapter One"s is there? :p well testing it, dont hope its full of bugs like RotD^^
tested it, its not so bugged, but RotD is still better cuz the models, icons, music ect. ^^

Level 8
Cmon - why RoC campaign? I've myself TFT and RoC but I don't like RoC much anymore... And I've waited for new TFT campaign, hmm...

And before you answer: "I made it because that RoC players could play this too, even that (perhaps) I've both RoC and TFT", I say that better campaigns are TFT campaign because of custom spells, models, icons, sounds, textures and e.t.c...

sib

sib

Level 2
you make a fun map. your idea was original to use the spider as a protagonist.

i like that

Level 3
I love that campaign, but you need to fix a little the race i think you can do a better job. i played the return of the dragon, but i did not like that you erase the unseen and the spiderqueen, why did not you add them? Rate: 9/10

Level 4
omg the best of the all camapigns i love it i cant yet give ranks because i cant because i am not 10 days member but i will give you 5 i mean you made it so good and also for the dragons return its the best =) 555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Level 1
Hailfire's Reviw/notes to the maker.

I would like to first off tell anyone who wants to play this that you may want to save often for the first few maps... as if you get the spider queen killed then its game over. there is no pings anywhere on the map so good luck in finding where your supposed to go. or where the objective is at.

Overall i did like the campaign. the fact that meta whatever his name is so powerful that its ridiculous makes the game too easy. especially when he gains his dragon form. and the chao's spiders? come on! it says infernal in the count down timer
voice acting helped the story quite a bit, but some of the voices could have been better.

I'll have to give this game a 4/5 it would have gotten 5/5 if it wasn't for the author not disabling the dragon form in the underground maps.

Level 1
This is a good campaign but, in the first few maps there are a couple of problems. The splash damage on the lightning lizards can kill your small spiders easily and there needs to be a better way regen life/mana, you cant really use your spells in the first map because of low mana pool and lack of regen.

Level 1
It's a very cool campaign, using spiders. Exciting to see how a little spider grows to a big Spider Queen :D Excellent ! Ive only played till the 3rd Map, but I'm guessing its good throughout the whole thing. Work on more creative storylines , and can u try making another campaign with a different creature? :D 4.5/5 for me !

Level 2
This was my first custom campaign every played. It was so fun...
RotD disappointed me. This is much much better.

Level 10
hello :ogre_hurrhurr:
i am tired for searching the other chapters for this campaign:ogre_rage:
please send the links to download the other chapters for this game and thanks:ogre_datass:

Level 1
Played through the campaign, and I just wanted to share my review with everyone :)

Firstly I like what you have done with the storyline, it's captivating and I was kept interested throughout. As you go through the campaign it does seem to get slightly easier as your heroes become too powerful even for multiple level 10 frost dragons.

I found the last level rather disappointing to be honest, as there was no real point of having a base. The undead attacks on the base were lacking momentum, quality and they easily retreated after one or two of the attackers died.

Personally for me I found myself waiting a long time for cool downs on 'The Unseen' or 'Meta' to advance in some maps. As I played through each level there was a few things that bugged me. In particular lack of correct information on units and buildings. Considering within the credits you stated that the maps had been tested in beta it became as a shock that abilities you'd use often such as 'Demon portal' or 'Rain of Chaos' didn't have correct tool tips on them. As Hailfire stated, one example of this is on the chaos spiders who have the count down as infernal rather than the proper unit name. There was also one of two wrong tool tips on buildings and abilities.

Buildings used for the spider race were interesting and not a bad idea but could have been thought out a bit more. There was no real explanation as to why Arthas was present within one level and quite frankly he was not needed at all. I think there was a few spelling mistakes in there somewhere too.

I don't want people to think this is a bad custom campaign. To be honest with you it wasn't bad at all. The voice acting was better than I thought it would be and seriously gave the campaign emphasis towards the storyline. I would definitely recommend playing this campaign, if you don't mind the odd mistake here and there in tool tips and
can be reasonably difficult in some situations. You may need a bit of patience for some levels but overall it's a good campaign and I have to say I enjoyed it.

I hope you found my review helpful and I look forward to playing through Return of the dragon.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Not only that it felt like testing maps and killing creatures on them that awaited to be murdered, it had not much to offer either.

chap1:
-the premise...
-a lil' spider devours a big rat? And, fast too
-Ogres kill the spider from a far distance...
-units are selected during cinematic mode
-well level four is not six (rats+vultures quest finished)
-wait to regenerate... to kill the ogres. Better replace the Fountain of Mana with one of Health
-ogres sleep during the night
-spells are quite inadequate for a spider...
-the spider hero is hard to be distinguished from the Forest Spiders
-all creatures but the undead sleep at night
-in the last cutscene all spiders just died...

chap2:
-Poison Sting looks the same as Spider Claw and has no description
-nerubians are not spiders... in the same manner...
-Forest Spiders suddenly became Snow Spiders...
-now the spider hero has different spells and is an agility hero...
-why does the Lumber Mill have mana?
-the Toxic Pool's description says Toxic Spiders can canst Bloodlust but they can only Abolish Magic
-some spiders have the same icon and abilities: Envenomed Weapons
-Spitting Spiders are way more powerful than Toxic Spiders, they cost less and require fewer food points
-building the Defensive Spider will consume the worker. That doesn't happen when constructing the spider that trains units
-instead of Ensnare there should be Web on that spider
-the base and the Brood Spider have the same hotkey: B
-Brute Spider and Spitting Spider have the same attack projectile
-why are the wolves such a threat? They don't even send parties to attack the player's base or units
-Broodlings take food slots and may raise the upkeep
-change the build type to not be that of the night elves. This way workers will go by themselves to gather resources after building
-now the spider hero can't attack air units anymore because it doesn't have a web or at least an air attack...

chap3:
-Metamorphus' Rain of Chaos is not on the third square from the left after learning the spell. He also has the Wisp's Renew spell... RoC does not take mana. The spiders last quite long. Meta is able to cast another 2 rounds before the spiders from the first one die. Reduce chance of Bash because enemies mostly stay idle...
-Meta seems to be knowing a lot of stuff, just like that
-Meta has a glow, Arachna does not
-Immolation on a ranged hero...
-spawned nerubian broodlings have mana for what? They only have Web and Detonate...
-Chaos Spider's Cloak of Flame description missing
-Renew and Rain of Chaos have the same hotkey: R

chap4:
-build a base with what resources?
-the trolls have no player name
-optional quests just spawn like that with no logic...
-the dragons don't continue to search for other of the player's units if there are no more in his base. They stack there...
-why was the path to the Dragon Roost protected by undead?
-remove Shadowmeld during cinematic mode
-the Unseen was still unseen in the cutscene...

chap5:
-Doom Spiders seem to be doing Archimonde's bidding... That's what the description says
-with Dark Portal can create how many units the players want
-the camera is totally...
-Finger of Death and Dark Portal do not require mana...
-..............................did he just say that a great power is calling him in the middle of the battle and teleported??? Then the heroes realized he just transformed from the living into the undead???

chap6:
-that secret doesn't really look like one

chap7:
-why are the demons keeping spiders in cages?
-Holy Light switches places with Mana Burn on load
-Spawned Spider came out neutral. Yep all Meta's broodlings are neutral...
-Meta can transform into the dragon and fly his way to the exit and even more...
-well only able to get Meta and Unseen out, Arachna doesn't show up at all. I found her all powerful but she's neutral. It's so because I got to her circle instead of Meta's. Had to load (good I had a save, otherwise a reload of the level was needed)
-Arachna can just run to the exit like the others. The Shrine is unprotected... no use at all for it but for a further time waste...
-really? Killing the Dreadlords got Nerzhul out of his prison!?

chap8:
-just a simple run through especially when the path can be seen through the black mask/fog

chap9:
-Arachna's attacking the Wendigos without them even retaliating
-there are no quests
-the blue AI comes to the player's base, takes a few hits and runs to his base...
-at night the Uber-Wendigo sleeps and the heroes can get past him
-the lich learned to transform into Medivh from Arachna's mind... bla bla bla
-he didn't even try to stop the dragon from flying away...

J.C., I'm reaaalllyyy glad it was short.
Gave it 3 but it should have gotten 2.5.

Last edited:
Level 5
this campaign doesn't work. i've put the archive in the carpet "campaign" of wc3 like any other, but the game doesn't recognizes this. could you fix it?

Level 4
There were some things that bothered me while playing, but I think the strong points balanced it out..
Too bad Arachna recieves the gift of speech so late, immolation on Meta is almost useless, some abiloties are overpowered (spider summons, rain of spiders..) but the difficulty actually requires to use those frequently, on certain maps..
What's up with Nerzhul being traped? Just weird, lol.
Also, the broodlings seem too weak to justify 1 food upkeep, melee ones could have been given some more hp as well. Last thing that bugged me was the techtree, requiring a tree of eternity(?) for tier 2 upgrades, and the tree itself is weirdly hidden, but accessible in the final chapter, which allows the player to use the vanilla Night Elf race, along with their heroes and everything. The last chapter seems unfinished, as it can be done very quicky by moving to Medivh while the enemies rarely attack and even when, they just turn back running away..
My rating is 3/5 because there were some nice and fun elements during the playthrough, most notable the voices, mission variety, interesting heroes and the spider techtree.
Would be great if some things get fixed, but seeing as the sequel is left abandoned in its sorry state, it seems unlikely.
The issues I mentioned should't stop a campaign enthusiast from playing it, I don't think they are too bad to have a decent playthrough :)

Level 7
Actually, now I remember I encountered a strange interaction. In the last mission I (not really accidentaly, I was just lazy to sort it) gave to the Unseen the orb of lightning and he could attack and dealt about 50 damage per attack, interesting :D

Level 10
A very qoooooood campaign. The voice acting was perfect and hilarious as well:ogre_hurrhurr:
The story was compelling and very interesting. However, I'm not satisfied with the conclusion in the end. The spider Queen was blessed with Medivh, and therefor she should have noticed that it was a trick, and also why Metamorphus is stronger than the queen?! I mean she just became a Demi-Goddess and breaking off some ice is easily done with her powers.
No matter, still one of the best campaigns that I played. 5/5

Level 3
I just came here from youtube, WTII played this campaign. WTii

Im Currently in the first mission, where i have to kill the ogres.
It's sad but i must say at this early point the hotkeys really suck!
Web, Deathcoil & Frost-Nova, each of them uses N as hotkey accept of Sleep.
It would be better to use QWER. Anyway this campaign is fun.
Altough its a bit wired, that Mediv is a spider.

Level 2
This campaign is really underratted.
This is the kind of oldschool campaign that we need. First, I couldn't imagine playing as a spider or a nerubian. This was a great surprise and a good experience. The voice acting is really GOOD! It make such a difference to have this in a campaign an I thank you to have put this big effort.

The mechanic of the egg that pops spiders from your enemies is also very good and helpful when doing a dungeon run.

The concepts of Metamorphus and The Unseen are my favorite. The mission to introduce The Unseen is great, it shows that he is a very valuable character but fragile at the same time.

There is some minor problems but it doens't ruined the experience.

I recommend this. Anyone should try this campaign.

Level 5
Really good campaign, playing as the spider race was unexpected yet charming, also the campaign is really polished and has VA, incledible storytelling and the custom heroes really cool, i ca't wait to play the second campaign

Level 5
I can't pass chapter 3 the one that is in Northerd

You have to do the optional quest of helping the zappers, it will give you a gem of true sight, that you will have to use to find and invisible hero on a hill at the west of the map

Level 7
You have to do the optional quest of helping the zappers, it will give you a gem of true sight, that you will have to use to find and invisible hero on a hill at the west of the map
Yes i know,the problem is that i have no hero on that map to carry it for me,And that you said use version before 1.21 so i use it on my old patch 1.26 so is it the reason??

Level 5
Yes i know,the problem is that i have no hero on that map to carry it for me,And that you said use version before 1.21 so i use it on my old patch 1.26 so is it the reason??
Ehhh.. I don't get it, you say that the heroes won't load into the map? or their inventories are full?
If the problems is about the heroes that don't load maybe is because the campaign isn't reconizing the cache, or somehow you broke the trigger that spams the heroes.

Also the reason can be the patch, there are a lot of problems with really old campaign vs the new patches.
Maybe you should try an older patch like 1.24.

Or maybe the campaign bugged and it didn't let you play the maps in order, causing the heroes to not spam and not registering the cache.

These are my guesses tho, the last one also happened to me.

Level 2
Played this on 1.29.1, really like the feel of this campaign, thou the spider eggs that are left behind when killing units with heroes are kind of annoying when using whosyourdaddy