• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Nasty blood effects omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay. I'm trying to make a AvP Map. The setting is on an island. Aaaand, I'm trying to make it like uhmmm... CounterStrike? Anyway, I'll get to the point.
-Can someone make this happen:
*When a unit is attacked, the Fade filter Blood splatt will appear ONLY TO THE OWNER OF THE ATTACKED UNIT. I think it needs a custom script, which im not good at.
[Fade In over .8 seconds using texture Splatt! and color 100%,0%,0%.]
-Then the custom script here.-
THANKS GUYS!
-Glory be to the Hive.- :ogre_hurrhurr: :ogre_haosis: :ogre_frown: :ogre_kawaii: :ogre_love: :ogre_rage: :goblin_jawdrop: :goblin_sleep: :goblin_wtf:

Attachments

• Cap'n.w3x
    211.1 KB · Views: 51
Level 19
Only for the owner of the attacked unit?

First of all, id reccomennd using a damage detection system because the attack unit doesnt fire when the unit takes damage but when the attacker starts to attack. Heres one id reccommend

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...earch=damage%20detection%20system&d=list&r=20

About the blood, heres how to do it for only the attacker

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(udg_DamageEventSource) then
      • Set SpecialEffectStrings = YourBloodSpatterPathHere
      • Custom script: endif
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of DamageEventSource using SpecialEffectStrings
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Set SpecialEffectStrings = <Empty String>

the event would be the damageevent becomes 0.0 or whatever and the string would be whatever u want the blood to be. What this basically does is it checks if the player currently running the thread is the player that shot (so set specialeffectsrings ONLY runs for the player thats shot, not the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.