• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NameCraft: Suggestions for Future Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
NameCraft is still pretty new and small.
Although it offers a decent set of features, I want it to be more useful than what it is now.

I made this tool to enhance the creativity of our community.
And you are part of it!:thumbs_up:

So for now, I would like to know your ideas for the next features of NameCraft.

"Go get the tool here!"

Thank you for your time...
HAPPY MODDING!

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
This may be a bit of a stretch, but as a fellow roleplayer adding additional info would be nice.

Basically, I am suggesting a character generator instead of just a name generator.
If you generate a (male) night elf:
Name: Elendil Windhowl
Birthplace: Darnassus
Personality: ...

you get the point, this may be a bit hardcore but I think it could be quite useful to get inspiration as a map maker whom focus a bit on story dialogue.
This mostly applies to campaigns and some cinematics though. And maybe a few RPGs.

Level 4
This may be a bit of a stretch, but as a fellow roleplayer adding additional info would be nice.

Basically, I am suggesting a character generator instead of just a name generator.
If you generate a (male) night elf:
Name: Elendil Windhowl
Birthplace: Darnassus
Personality: ...

you get the point, this may be a bit hardcore but I think it could be quite useful to get inspiration as a map maker whom focus a bit on story dialogue.
This mostly applies to campaigns and some cinematics though. And maybe a few RPGs.

Basically, that feature is "too much" for a name generator, but also beneficial.
NameCraft will be a lot more usable if I could
implement this feature in the tool, and I think I can do that.

I will try to apply this to my work...
Thanks for your suggestion!

hmm, maybe spell generator? (name and description) and a item generator.

It's a good idea, but it's not for a character name anymore.
Maybe in the future? :thumbs_up:

Thanks for your suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Hey how about adding categories like names based on nature, cultures, language, age aka 19th century/MiddleAges.

It will be much more easier to use since generating names is much more narrower therefore looking for specific names is much more easier.

Level 4
Great!

Thanks guys! Some of those features that you all guys
suggested will be added to the next update.

Hey how about adding categories like names based on nature, cultures, language, age aka 19th century/MiddleAges.

It will be much more easier to use since generating names is much more narrower therefore looking for specific names is much more easier.

Well, I think I like that idea! This will provide a broader set of names.

Status
Not open for further replies.