• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Name requests] What shall I name this family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello!

I am nearly completed with my custom race map. But since english is not my native language, I have a bit of trouble to find good names to name these units on the picture below.

From left to right I just call them:
- Tree. (Elven food building)
- Protector. (Bulky melee unit)
- Keeper. (Travels over the map to gold mines far away and returns with gold! An advanced worker.)
- Faerie. (Summons buildings and harvest lumber. "Faerie" sound so silly)
- Lore. (Bulky magic unit with powerful spells.)

Have a look at the picture below.

Let your mind flow! Do not censur yourself!
Write down every name you come up with!

Attachments

• elven family.jpg
    elven family.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Level 15
in same order:
Tree of Spirits (or Spirit Tree)
Ancinet Guardian
Golden Oak (the best i could think of. i know it sounds no good)
Sprite
Forest-Priest or Oaken Sage

Level 10
Thanks for all ideas!

If english is the problem, why not give it a name in swedish and use a dictionary in to translate in english?

You are right about that, that I can translate swedish words like "Älva" into Faerie and so on. But I am looking for more unusal and creative names like these that came up: "Forest Haven" "Sprite" and "Ironbak treeant"
Names that gives a little more edge to units then just the rough translation. But my imagination has halted a bit, even thought I sure could come up with own english words or Swedish words and just translate them, it is more fun to get ideas from other people aswell :)

People! I have one more name request. Have a look at the picture below.

The first farm is a Goblin Farm. It can be upgraded into an "advanced farm".

The Advanced Farm can load a few number of goblins into it and has an unload ability called Dig!. That means that the farm can let the loaded goblins "dig" a tunnel to target location on the map and unload the goblins on that spot.

But I have no idea what that building can be called.

All ideas are welcome!

Attachments

• Goblin farms.jpg
    Goblin farms.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 112
First Tier - Goblin Pigsty, Goblin Slaughterhouse, Goblin Bazzar Goblin Marketplace...

Second - "Addon: Tunnel Entrance, Tunnel, Tunneling Equipment. ( Meannig that in the upgrade tooltip you say that the goblins upgrade the farm with a Tunnel or Tunneling Module and call the bulding a name with tunnel as a suffix or prefix." - or, Goblin Ranch, Goblin Feedlot Ranch, Feedlot,

Status
Not open for further replies.