• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

NagaPredator_by67chrome.blp

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
This is my skin for Texturing Competition #13: Naga.

This skin replaces the skins for the Wind Rider, Wind Rider Projectile and the Riderless Wyvern, but has no effect on the Spirit Wyvern.

BannerNagaPredator.jpg

This is a skin, not to be confused with a model. Skins are the 2-D artwork that are wrapped around a model that give a model color and texture.

The pose with the Wind Rider with the Wyvern's mouth open on the left of the screenshot is "Stand Victory", which would be a good spell animation for anything evolving the wyvern's mouth, such as abilities like "devour" or "breath of frost". Changing a spells casting animation names can be done in the spells field of the object editor, under Art-Animation Names

If you wish to make the model this skin is applied to appear as though it is gliding through water rather than flying, you can set the Art-Animation-run speed/walk speed to a larger number, such as 1000.

If you use this skin, give credit to me, 67chrome. If you like it don't be afraid to + rep me or rate this skin. Enjoy :D

Update:
- fixed the black box that appeared in the mouth
- made inside of wings slightly lighter

Update
- Changed screenshot preview/moved screenshot to skin description
- Added by67chrome suffix to skin name
- Added 67chrome signature to skin

Keywords:
Wyvern, Rider, Wind, Orc, Naga, Couatl, Predator, Trident, Scales, Gold, Shark, Teeth, Badass, 67chrome
Contents

NagaPredator_by67chrome.blp (Texture)

Reviews
15:22, 4th May 2009 Dan van Ohllus: Great quaility skin with marvelous details. I like how you did with the scales. Will be useful in Naga maps for sure. THE_END: Director's Cut...no doubt

M

15:22, 4th May 2009
Dan van Ohllus:
Great quaility skin with marvelous details. I like how you did with the scales.
Will be useful in Naga maps for sure.

THE_END: Director's Cut...no doubt

Level 12
I dont really like naga.. So nice work, but its a 3/5 from me.

That's an unfair bias.

Back on topic, I really love what you did with the TC on the wings, it blends in very well unlike most other textures with TC. (they usually do it with random bandages or something)
Anyways, great overall look and it's good to see more naga textures on the rise.

4.5/5, rounded up.

Level 3
Very Handy!

This skin is awesome, I love it! This will be very useful for me...:mwahaha: Anyway, good job 5/5.
(Off-topic: Is there something about making naga skins that i need to know about? Lots of them seem to be being made around now.)

Level 17
Okey, the skin itself is well made and it looks very nice.
but the model destroys pretty much everything cus that makes it look like something wierd and not a naga. I give it a 3.75 since the skin could have been better made and it doesnt fit is so good with the model.

Just a lore related question, how is this naga suppost to live underneath the Great Maelstorm? He have a flying mount, and lives underneath the water. Baaah :p
The Naga capital lies .

Level 5
Gratz on the Director's Cut, this looks very nice and the coloring looks pretty evenly proportioned, 5/5 =) +REP

Level 15
Love it. Great job yet again Chrome. 5/5
I might be able to use the riderless version.

Level 38
Sweet - my first directors cut :D

Just noticed that I forgot to alpha out/deal with a row of teeth on the bottom of the mouth, leaving an anoying black box in it's place (you can probably spot it in the screenshot if you look for it). /facepalm

Edit

Updated skin to fix teeth issue and uploaded an icon for the skin.

Last edited:
Level 4
omfgz this is so epic !!!! its liek taking wafflez and, you have wafflez.........with some syrup...................but when you eat them ur like wtf i want more.........give me more +rep for tha poor?

Level 38
I'm very surprised this got Director's Cut. I find the wings, of all things, very unappealing - especially considering how much they stand out. The colour is too strong and the veins look quite unrealistic. Look at Denu's serpent texture for a better idea on how to fix that.

Well, that makes four people who don't like the wings.

I'll see what I can do with them then.

Well, that makes four people who don't like the wings.

I'll see what I can do with them then.

Also, the arm of the wing seems too strong of a blue. I think you should make it more like the face.

Also, I came on a bit strong with the comment. I like this skin. I like it a lot! But there's some stuff that could be changed.

Level 15
It was made for a contest. The theme was naga. It doesnt have to have a point. It just has to look awesome. And it does.

Level 12
Those should be invisible when the skin is used in-game, perhaps whatever program you are using to view it does not show transparency correctly.

Unfortunately, i was talking about in-game :( . So far, noone has complained about that in the map, because they probably didn't pay attention, but it looks pretty bizarre to me.
What could be the reason? Do i have to check/uncheck something in the unit's unit editor fields?

EDIT: Incase that might help you, it happens only on the model with the rider. The riderless model's skin works perfectly.

Last edited: