• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Warlord

Lord Naj'entus rises from the depthes. His fellow Warlords awaken, leading their legions unto the surface world. The Naga, the tide at their backs, storm the beaches of Kalimdor and Lordaeron, forcing all who oppose them to submit or flee to higher ground. The final days as the Dark Tide washed over the world.... The Dawn of the Naga Empire had begun...

Do not edit or redistribute without my permission. Please give credits if you use this in your map.

Texture by 67Chrome :D

Note to everyone else: Misha also has his own version of the model, and it looks more demonic :p

Enjoy!

Edit: The Warlord has been put on a small diet by request of a few people who have seen the WoW comparison. Looks better now though :p

Edit: Thanks to Misha for helping fix the Geoset animation problem! :D Now, thanks to him, the model doesn't crash anymore! :D

Keywords:
Naga, Warlord, Red, Hell, Ocean, Serpent, blade, warrior, elite, lord, war, high, Naj'entus, epic, depthes, Varsaigen, 67Chrome
Contents

Naga Warlord (Model)

Reviews
17:10, 21st May 2009 Cavman: Good Idea. Poor execution. Theres a problem with the model taht causes it to crash maps. This is most probably a geoset animation problem, as this models seems to be mostly geoset merges and a reskin. You probably hace...

M

17:10, 21st May 2009
Cavman:
Good Idea. Poor execution. Theres a problem with the model taht causes it to crash maps. This is most probably a geoset animation problem, as this models seems to be mostly geoset merges and a reskin. You probably hace a Geoset Animation that identifies non existant geoset or one that already ahs a geoset animation. You cuold also have added a geoset without the models consent, and they tend not to like then, even when you yell supprise.
I'll leave it here for a few days. Please fix it.

Fixes made. Model approved. :)

Level 7
The model is good but I have got one problem. It isn't working! when I put the game, train the warcraft closed and write an eror massage.

Level 23
lol Mine was to be in the image of the WoW model, to see how accurate I could get it. :p Misha's was his own design of what he thought it'd look like (i believe). Mine is more like the WoW model, his is more like a demonic or feral version. Either that, or what they would look like if they were real :p Honestly, of the two, I like his better. I got used to the image of mine too much D:

viktor, I am working on fixing that. Appareantly, it's the geoset anims causing the problem. D:

Edit: Try now

Last edited:
Level 23
...... why do you say that? It's based off of the design for a WoW model. But it IS Naga. He has a shell merged to his right arm, and diff scales. That's really the only difference, not to mention the shell on his head (dunno why that's there :/)

Nonetheless, you'd have to blame Blizzard for designing it. But I think it was an awesome idea :p

Note: please, no more comments telling me you like Misha's better than mine. I know this. I like his style over the attempt I made to mimic the WoW version. But it is geting old and aggitating constantly reading (even in my rep) that mine is not as epic as Misha's. So please, no more of that >_>

Misha´s IS the best
Good job, however, I like mishas more.
and a few others in PM's and such places. -.-

Last edited:
Level 38
Lols, i like what you did w/ my name in the screenshot :D

Anyways, turned out pretty neat. I think you should wrap the hermit crab shell texture around the arm shell a few more times though, the WOW version has 5-6 segmented parts of the shell, while yours only has three, so if your going for accuracy you should give that effect. I belive several WoW models do repeat the same elements of a skin over and over rather than having the same element drawn out as many times as it appears on a model, a few Wc3 skins use this, such as the spider and hermit crab actually. Checked the hermit crab texture and it should be pretty easy to do, you should have a few more segments on the head as well :D

Lols, i like what you did w/ my name in the screenshot :D

Anyways, turned out pretty neat. I think you should wrap the hermit crab shell texture around the arm shell a few more times though, the WOW version has 5-6 segmented parts of the shell, while yours only has three, so if your going for accuracy you should give that effect. I belive several WoW models do repeat the same elements of a skin over and over rather than having the same element drawn out as many times as it appears on a model, a few Wc3 skins use this, such as the spider and hermit crab actually. Checked the hermit crab texture and it should be pretty easy to do, you should have a few more segments on the head as well :D

well... it seems var was tryin' to achieve WoW look on a normal war3 naga, Chrome :D

Level 4
It looks totally Naga btw, in the d20 RPG Blizz states nage mutate a lot, WoW just coped out on the models. Poor Najentus is the only anamoly. If the attack animation didn't look rather weak this could be a good unit version with Misha's as the hero for Naga anamolies with crustecean bits.