• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

N.O's First Time Of Recruiting People For A Rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Well, I wanted you to look in here so I named the title differently then most would. I was not sure where to go but I thought maybe recruit first so whoever wants to aid in the creation of my rpg, you are welcome to join...

Team Members So Far:
The World Is Flat
theHunt_errr

My rpg is still being developed as a idea so I can not tell you everything of it yet but what I can say is that it will have five maps connected to each other so basically five different worlds. The first world is the Plans of N.O while the second will be about the start of the great war which shall be called The Rise of N.O and the third will result in two cities left standing called Plains of N.O, the fourth will be about demons called N.O's Evils and the fifth will be something of my idea which is secret so shhhh.. :grin:
Reason for five worlds is for the people to ascend and save existence since someone asked why go into five different worlds...

Requirements Before You Can Ask To Join:
- No Jassers May Ask To Join
- You Must Be Able To Think Of Idea's
- You May Not Ask To Change The Last World Storyline

That Is All :mwahaha:

Update: Explained more about what my rpg is going to be about....

Worlds being worked on are One and Four.
One is being worked on by The World Is Flat
Four is being worked on by theHunt_errr

Last edited:
Level 4
Well, I wanted you to look in here so I named the title differently then most would. I was not sure where to go but I thought maybe recruit first so whoever wants to aid in the creation of my rpg, you are welcome to join...

Team Members So Far:
The World Is Flat

My rpg is still being developed as a idea so I can not tell you everything of it yet but what I can say is that it will have five maps inside one map so basically five worlds in one map. The first world is the Plains of Y.E.S while the second will be about the start of the great war and the third will result in two cities left standing, the fourth will be about demons and the fifth will be something of my idea which is secret so shhhh.. :grin:
Reason for five worlds is for the people to ascend and save existence since someone asked why go into five different worlds...

Requirements Before You Can Ask To Join:
- No Jassers May Ask To Join
- You Must Be Able To Think Of Idea's
- You May Not Ask To Change The Last World Storyline

That Is All :mwahaha:

Arent you guys in my project?

N.O

N.O

Level 6
I am good with multi task plus you haven't asked me to do anything yet

N.O

N.O

Level 6
No progress on modelers but two terrainers are nice.... I didn't know you were terraining. If you two don't mind could you both work on different map terrains?

Level 5
4th Worlds Story Line First 10-25 Min of gameplay

You wake up in a farmers house after fainting outside of his house in the near forest. He takes you in for about a week then sends you on your way. You see that many trolls have infested the forests around you (a few quests are available).

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Sorry you two I took so long to reply to you so you could start working, was working on a few other things :D . This shall be the last attempt here to recruit anyone that wants to participate in the making of one of the most epic rpg's ever on warcraft :D . Which means I will be moving this to Map Development...

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Heh.... I will reinforce the code of gui with my own so it shall be better then jass plus I do know jass and GUI is just as good. our rpg won't lag :)

Level 12
if you think that GUI and Jass is the same speed then you are totaly wrong. GUI is full of BJ's which can leak and can slow it down by calling the native (-.-). GUI also uses locations instead of coordinates which is much slower. Thats just a few things. Anyway good luck :)

Level 19
Heh.... I will reinforce the code of gui with my own so it shall be better then jass plus I do know jass and GUI is just as good. our rpg won't lag :)

GUI will never be as good as jass.
GUI is just easier to make (if you never did Jass) however nearly everything is slower or leaks compared to jass. Even a simple trigger withoud an event, action or condition leaks in GUI because the trigger itself should be created locally and destroyed. Nothing really bad happens with those minor leaks but if you want to do something perfect, you do it in Jass.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
My Epicness is flawed to only the divine :p . Well yes you can make anything you want as long as there are 8 castles and some room for creatures and epic battles.

I don't know if you have realized this, perhaps a lot of people already told you, but GUI is just an interface for jass. When you save your map, all your GUI stuff is converted into jass; except really unlogical and lame jass due to the compilers lack of brain.
Blizzard knew that jass was tricky, so they did a little system to give basic control of jass, only that they did so in a pretty sloppy way.
It is, for example, completely impossible to fix most leaks in GUI without using jass.
Also, GUI creates lots of totally unnecesary code that takes up space.

Level 25
Let the guy be, if he doesn't want to learn JASS it's his problem. Besides, as it's obvious you guys know JASS, ask this to yourself:

Would you want to help the project or are you just here to whine about him not using jass? :)

Level 5
Story Line [(World 4) Hero Development)

[/COLOR]Map 4 Name - Welcome the The Land of N.O.
Story Line - You wake up in a farmers house after fainting outside of his house in the near forest. He takes you in for about a week then sends you on your way. You see that many trolls have infested the forests around you (a few quests are available). Then you leave the first forest and enter a small fork in the road where there is a small town and Mt.s you can choose to go ether way. If you go to the city there area few quests but there is an instance in the mountains that will give greater reward then the city but the city quests are easier. After you choose one of the path the quests on the other path close. There is also a Hippogryph egg in the MT.s that you can sell to a vendor any where (By the way all of these items and quest are for heros under the level of 10). (that not all of it ether)

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Guys if your not here to try to be recruited then do not post here, World you got some control over the game play.

Status
Not open for further replies.