• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mythical Blade

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
No Description..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................i dun understund wut i'm doin..............................................................
Contents

Mythical blade (Icon)

Reviews
1. Move it down, make handle full visible. 2. Add details and color variety. For better performance use 600x600 (or bigger) image and resize it when work is done. 3. Left FX part is a bit off from symmetry. Fix it. 4. Possible zoom in a little, to...
San
San
From all the suggestion and reviews above, will move this to substandard as author is not providing any updates. Check out the tutorials if you wish to learn and improve. NFWar's Tutorials
Level 7
The sword looks like an 8-bit mixmashups of colors. I can accept blades with strange colors, but at least be consistent of what you're trying to draw.
The background looks nice, though.

Level 50
Colors aren't working. It is way too colorful and bright. Reduce the number of colors and find color scheme that will illustrate materials in a more specific manner. Whole image is just too flat, shading isn't placed right. Follow the lightsource to shade it correctly. Details aren't cohesive, but that is something not noticeable in icon size. Background is ok, but it appears to be a lot of filter work there.

Level 4
I like the diversity of colors. Seems like it was more of a stylish choice than a poor use of resources. Such colorful absurdity gives it a spiritual feeling in an hindu/indian sense or high state of consciousness, somewhat like in Peekway's BTNMentalStrength.
...but I agree it isn't much Warcraft-ish.

Level 49
1. Move it down, make handle full visible.
2. Add details and color variety. For better performance use 600x600 (or bigger) image and resize it when work is done.
3. Left FX part is a bit off from symmetry. Fix it.
4. Possible zoom in a little, to show us more details. Currently is just a couple of bright lines and dots.

Level 50
Changing design this much is not allowed, it is basically review evading. So in future don't do it, rather upload it as new icon.

Anyway, big image looks quite odd with all those hard brushes, but in icon size that doesn't seem to be a problem. Sword looks interesting, the gem is a bit too vibrant. Try to outline it with same gray color you used to make shadows on the blade. Also fix that right guard above the handle, it should be shaped as the left. Background needs to be changed. I'd get rid of that bright effect and add on some darkness to blue, try to make the blue to be sort of outline effect rather than this.

Level 8
Very very dirty and overall unacceptable quality. Icons even if they are 64x64 when finished - are not a 10 minutes work. Even if you have advanced painting skills. Your current version really lack of effort. Browse forum for NFWar's icon tutorials or just art tutorials on internet please.

I'm sorry that it become dirty. The title of the icon is not fiery, flame or something but don't worry i will remodify it until becomes approve.

I use photoshop

Level 49
i will remodify it until becomes approve.
Give it depth. Give it accurate blending. Give it metal texture. Give it at least a hour of your time. Draw accurately, use selection tools if it is hard for you to draw freehand.

I use photoshop
Everyone uses photoshop. Me either.

Last edited: