• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Mystery Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right at the opening of the map, I hear the birth animation sound of a water elemental. Now, I don't have any units based on water elemental except, that I have one spell which uses the same order ID. I also, have not used the sound as a sound variable. I have combed my triggers and object editor and for the life of me I cannot find the source of this sound. Please, please someone find it for me and I will give +rep and do whatever other favors I can in return. I'd offer like $5 cash, but I think that might violate the rules. Anyway, I cannot attached the map because I have crappy Alaska internet. Please help me solve this mystery. I will post the w3x soon.

Level 14
Do you have a trigger to remove the first cast lag by giving the ability to a dummy and making them cast it at the beginning of your map? That's all I could think of without seeing it

The actual map file would be great :p

No CrAP! LOL, something is wrong with my upload speed or the Hive's attachment manager. Anyway, I will try again... got it. Sweet!

Ok there it is. Now I checked all the triggers. I summon nothing at start, no initially running loop kills anything or creates anything. I promise, I would not post this if I had not already spent over an hour looking.

I will be in debt to whoever finds this sound.

Attachments

• Rogue's Quest.w3x
    7.5 MB · Views: 72
Level 37
It's the "Shrine of Healing" structure. Further testing reveals that the sound is only played when the structure is placed out of the Player's starting camera position. Place the structure in and out of your camera and watch what happens :) you should hear that the sound is not played when you see it coming out of loading screen.

I have no explanation as to why this happens :p

Level 26
The Buildings\Demon\CorruptedMoonWell\CorruptedMoonWell.mdx model has a birthLink to SharedModels\NEBirth.MDX, which uses ASWE (WaterElementalBirth). So you are hearing the birth sound of the Shrine of Healing structure, which is a 3d sound, so yes, depends on camera position.

Level 19
I actually have a corrupt moon well in my came too

could this really be the problem? can anyone confirm this and if it is what's the solution to fixing it

thanks for the feed back

I fixed it like this:
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Set Animation and Spell Sounds to 0.00%
  • Sound Cleaning
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Set Animation and Spell Sounds to 100.00%
I tried to set the moon well's animation to stand at initialize but that had no effect.
They don't call them corrupted moon wells for nothing, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.